Freezing Fido account while abroad / Temporary Suspension

I'm a Participant Level 1 SungPark
I'm a Participant Level 1

Freezing Fido account while abroad / Temporary Suspension

Have a question.
Now I'm visiting out of Canada and staying more than a month(maybe 2months I think) so can I freeze my payment for a month or more(if needed)? And possible to apply online?

And also last week, I paid $ 50.40 for plan. Is this for Dec or January 2019? If its for Jan, can I get refund and then freeze acxount?

Accepted Solution

Re: Freezing Fido account while abroad / Temporary Suspension

Hey @SungPark

Congrats on your first post!

We do offer the possibility to suspend your services for $7 per billing cycle as long as you're not under an agreement for a minimum of 2 months. The temporary suspension is offered  as of your billing cycle renewal date and cannot be backdated. If your cycle date has passed, we can apply it as of the next cycle.

That said, your account needs to be in order and an advance payment is required to cover the suspension period. Alternatively, you can register to pre-authorized payment.

Keep also in mind that you can only request one suspension within a 12-month period. 

As for the payment, you can verify that via your online account or by contacting us. Let us know if you'd like us to send you a PM.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive) FidoSaira
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

Hey @SungPark

Congrats on your first post!

We do offer the possibility to suspend your services for $7 per billing cycle as long as you're not under an agreement for a minimum of 2 months. The temporary suspension is offered  as of your billing cycle renewal date and cannot be backdated. If your cycle date has passed, we can apply it as of the next cycle.

That said, your account needs to be in order and an advance payment is required to cover the suspension period. Alternatively, you can register to pre-authorized payment.

Keep also in mind that you can only request one suspension within a 12-month period. 

As for the payment, you can verify that via your online account or by contacting us. Let us know if you'd like us to send you a PM.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

if you donot mind losing your account rights, just port over your fido post paid to prepaid (the cheapest monthy rate), and you can keep your fido number.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Hey @SungPark

Were you still looking to add a suspension? Don't hesitate to reach out if you do Smiley 

Also to add to @FidoSaira's answer, it's good to know that the suspension would start your next cycle. Previous cycles would not be refunded. You can request a suspension up to 60 days in advance. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation