cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido doesn't seem to care

smita_saha
I'm a contributor level 1

Fido really does not care about their clients. I ordered Ipad Air (4th Generation) 2020 and received an email saying it will take 2 to 5 business days to receive by mail. When I ordered on the phone, they told me it was in stock. Now it has been almost a week and I asked how long it will take to ship, they tell me " it might take 1 to 3 weeks because it was backordered" WHAT THE HELL??? Why did they not tell me that before!!!!!? I am never ordering from Fido again and they do not even care. Bad customer service! 

28 REPLIES 28

Ahor

Hey did you receive the device already?

subornaaaaaaa
I'm a participant level 2

I'm so frustrated because I've been waiting since mid December for my iPad lol. It is now March 5th and was initially supposed to be a holiday gift for my mother. Can you imagine how impatient I must be getting? No help from customer service. 

Ahor

Hey did you receive the ipad air? I ordered mine and its been 4 weeks already. No update yet.

Hey @subornaaaaaaa

Which model did you order? Did you get any confirmation email or any update since then?

subornaaaaaaa

Hello, it was the iPad 8 and the only update I received was a month ago that it was still backordered.

Hey @subornaaaaaaa

This definitely doesn't like the kind of experience we want for our customers. 

If it's been over a month since the last update, we would suggest reaching out through one of the options on our Contact Page so we can take a closer look and check for updates. 

We can also send you a PM from here if you would prefer. Let us know! 

ShawnG
I'm a contributor level 2

I have been wait since November 3 still haven't received anything just emails over and over again saying I'm 20th in line. It's now February 15 2021 so 3 to 4 week delay is a complete lie.

Ahor

hey let me know if how many months or weeks you receive the backorder device.

ShawnG

No haven't received anything yet unfortunately. Definitely really disappointed. It's been 5 months now.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We're sorry you feel that way @ShawnG

When you order a device we usually send you an email confirmation or the order, but in your case it seems that you've reserved your unit instead.

To clarify, you can follow up on the reservation status online on Fido.ca, and other than the periodic update for your position, you'll be notified when the equipment is ready to be picked up.

You can also find more info on our FAQ page. Hope this helps!

ShawnG

I wasn't sharing a feeling I was just stating a fact. Thank you for the reply.

HR45

In PM, I am getting assurances that it will be available within 2-3weeks. I am waiting for it since October 26. Every week I am contacting Fido, getting same answer it will be shiped within 2-3week. But that 2-3week never came for me since October 26. Also why's not there any reference or order number for this reservation. I don't understand. Fido agent can't check my reservation status??? Why Every time you people asking me the status??? It makes me to think is Fido taking care of my order??? I am afraid, I will wait another 2-3weeks with same line number and receive same answer from Fido that it will take max 2-3weeks

Hello @HR45

There's a PM comin your way to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

TheRealist
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I find Fido's customer service is non-existent nowadays. They push for online service which I am grateful for but trying to get in contact with any real person takes days... I've been on the phone/live chat for a total of 12 hours and no one has been able to help with a simple task, one that I'm unable to do online.

Someone get back to me!! 

Forever on hold 

Hey @TheRealist,

I'm really sorry to read that you weren't able to get any assistance on the phone and live chat. If you still need help, you can also reach out to us through Social Media or we can send you a PM on the community. Let us know what you prefer. 

Akw

Did you get your iPad yet , I reserved mine on the 24th of October, received email 6th in line , it said 2 to 5 days for shipping.

2 days later web site changed to shipping delay of 2 to 3 weeks . It has now been over a month and I still have not received iPad , email or even a courtesy call.

Hello @Akw

We understand that waiting for your order isn't the best.

Which iPad did you order? 

Akw

iPad Air 4th gen

Depending on the color the delivery time can vary from 2 to 4 weeks. 

You'll receive a confirmation by e-mail once it's shipped.

smita_saha

Mr. Anthony Z, did you read the post? You said it takes 2 to 4 weeks and the client you replied to said it has been over a month! 

Also, when I ordered mine, Fido told me they only have blue and gray. The blue was not available at any Fido stores I called, only the gray one was.