Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Home Phone

krishna90
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi 

I just bought a calling card  to call Europe when i bought at the convenence store they asked my home phone number which is FIDO wirlees home phone

when i tried at home by using that card it says the minutes i can talk and then engage tone coming after a few sections ,  so i tried few different numbers and few different countries 

all of then engage tone coming

my question is 

is FIDO home phone work can be used to call international  with calling card or not ?

Thanks

Krishna

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Krishna90,

Welcome to the community!

Have you updated your home phone?

I can't think of a reason why calling cards wouldn't work with the home phone since they can be used  with other cellular phones. That said, some of the home phones had touch tone issues when entering PINs and extensions (see here). Using a calling card would have the same issue. Entering the calling card information would be similar to entering PINs or extensions.

There is now an update for the phone which should fix that problem. You can see here for information regarding the update.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hi there Krishna90

I just wanted to add a quick detail: since Calling Cards aren't offered by Fido, it's not something we can guarantee will work on our end, for either Home Phones, Cellphones, etc.

You're still free to try it out though 😃 There's just not much "technical support" we can bring to the table.

Also note that if the card doesn't work for any reason, but the call is still placed, International long distance charges might apply.