cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Customer Support is disappointing

lixo
I'm a participant level 2

If you ever need customer service... I feel bad for you.

They not only couldn't resolve a simple issue (been over 2 months already), but they also fail to be fully transparent.

Issue with an XTRA contest from November 2021. They claim they will get it resolved and will call me to give me updates every couple of days (after I requested it, probably on the 3rd time calling), even though I specifically asked them to email me... and still, no callbacks. I'm the one having to call every time and waste my time (hours already). Every time is the same story: forms being sent, address that needed confirmation (although my address hasn't changed in over a year), and this time that person talking to me will ensure this gets resolved and will follow up until it does. All lies.

Today, a call cut short, but until it did, the CSR tells me I am the one who needs to deal with a third party, when Fido is the one supposed to fulfill the thing. And in the end, they give me no clear explanation on what's going on or why it happened, and how they will fix it. Absolutely no accountability and not willing to escalate appropriately to get it resolved quickly, given how ridiculously long this has been dragging. But I get it, they probably ran out of the stuff and would never be shipping it to me anyway in the first place, but they can't tell that to the customer, can they? Oh, but they can tell the customer to go talk to Apple and ask them nicely to give one to me. Ah yes, that they can, and it will work (CSR assured me so it will).

Well, congratulations Fido team! So long.

8 REPLIES 8

Inayat1

They are always like that. You would almost never get any help from them if you ever need it.

Hey @Inayat1! That definitely not how we want you to feel. Please contact us through one of our servicing channels and we will be happy to assist you with your Fido account. 

Lindkr
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Yeah, the level of customer service they give is pretty bad. Sure, they don't give customer support here, except for those rare times they do, between Sunday to Saturday, and an extra day on leap years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

FidoAnthonyZ

Helo @lixo,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to hear that you didn't have a good experience. We definitely wouldn't want to see you go. 

Feel free to reach out over these methods and we'll be happy to help.

lixo

Thank you for the suggestion @FidoAnthonyZ .

However, at this point, Fido is the one who should be reaching out to me if it is interested in keeping me as a customer.

They can either call me or email me (best way). I've already wasted too much time with this issue.

Thank you.

Hello Lixo,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with your issue.

@lixo wrote:

...Fido is the one who should be reaching out to me if it is interested in keeping me as a customer.

They can either call me or email me...

You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer service. While a moderator had responded to your initial post, they may not be able to provide customer services. You should also note that Fido does not provide customer services via email. In addition, it may not be possible to verify your account information with solely your forum username. No one here would be able to access your phone number without verifying your account information with you.

You shouldn't take the lack of any calls or emails in response to your posts as Fido not interested in keeping you as a customer. As mentioned, this forum is not for customer service. As FidoAnthonyZ noted, if you would like to discuss your issue, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

lixo

@Cawtau, I appreciate your response.

I do have to note here a few things, though.

I was not seeking for customer service through this platform, but rather to inform other users of the level of service they can possibly expect.

I have contacted Fido multiple times already, through the webchat service and phone, receive multiple different guidance, and in more tthan one interaction, I was assured I would be contacted by email and by phone. Neither happened.

Thank you,

Denis

Hello again,

@lixo wrote:

...I was not seeking for customer service through this platform, but rather to inform other users of the level of service they can possibly expect...

Fair enough. I hadn't replied to your initial post for that reason. However, from your reply to FidoAnthonyZ, it appeared you were expecting a reply as a result of these posts. I was merely informing you that these forums are not necessarily monitored by customer service. In addition, others reading these forums might not be aware these forums are not intended as a venue for customer services.

I cannot speak to what was previously discussed between yourself and with whom you spoke. However, generally, Fido does not provide customer services via email.

If you do not wish to re-contact customer service, that is entirely up to you.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers