Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Cancel Contract

alyanast
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I'm a student and i would like to cancel my fido contract.
It has been 3 months now and i had been giving out $40-52 monthly.
I would like to cancel my contract, would there be any fee for it ? 

8 REPLIES 8

Saad4
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Cancel my iPhone 13  contract

Hi @Saad4,

If you need help with your account, please reach out to us through these channels.

FidoFaiza

Hi all,

I will just take a moment to update this thread. 

Cancellation can be requested anytime (no prior notice is required) and the cancellation fee is calculated in the following manner:

hardware subsidy/duration of the contract (24 months right now) X number of months remaining in the term.

Only the accountholder can request the cancellation by contacting customer service

Hope this helps!

Amanda1
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@alyanast wrote:

Hi,

I'm a student and i would like to cancel my fido contract.
It has been 3 months now and i had been giving out $40-52 monthly.
I would like to cancel my contract, would there be any fee for it ? 

Hey everyone! 

I just saw this post and would like to provide some updated information for any users that may come across this in the future. Smiley 

Now, for all customers, should they choose to cancel their contract, the fees associated with breaking the agreement are calculated in the following way: 

- Hardware subsidy / number of months in the term X number of months remaining in the term

Also, depending on where you live, a Service Deactivation Fee of $12.50 may apply as well when deactivating your account. 

You can reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter to confirm the exact fees applicable for your account.

Hope this helps! 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

An Early Cancellation Fee (ECF) would apply and if you signed up for a data term, a Data Early Cancellation Fee (DECF) would also apply.  The ECF is the greater of (i) $100 or (ii) $10 per month remaining in the Fido Agreement, to a maximum of $300 (plus applicable taxes).  The DECF is the greater of (i) $100 or (ii) $10 per month remaining in the Data Term, to a maximum of $200 (plus applicable taxes).

I recommend calling Fido Customer Service to work something out with your service before possibly having to pay out $500.

vandu
I'm a participant level 3
That rule doesn't apply for Quebec right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe it still applies to quebec too, but different prices due to provincial legislation.

vandu
Nope, in Quebec we have no penalty fees. You only pay back the a percentage of the "discount" you got for the handset.