cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO Winback team never called despite case escalation

mariaarifin
I'm a participant level 3

I received an exclusive promo code in my mailbox i.e., a physical flyer with my name and address on it, and since my first call with FIDO around mid-March, and after I got my SIM card a week after, and to this day after 5-6 more calls, my promo code has not been activated and I am going to be charged $55 on April 16, 2023. I was supposed to get this plan for $35/month based on the exclusive comeback offer, so I am not paying that $55. To this day I have not received a single call from the Winback team, despite all the promises made by the FIDO support/loyalty team.

Through the calls with the support team, I was also forwarded to two people from the loyalty team i.e., Nidhi (did not get the call ID) and Alicia (call ID I1995763861). Alicia said that she escalated my case so that the Winback team manager should call me within 48 hours. That was last week Wednesday, and I have not received a single call from FIDO yet. I would like to get my issue fixed ASAP please, otherwise I have no choice but to report this issue as fraud to the CRTC and CBC Marketplace. Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

iamart
I'm a participant level 1

Got an offer from winback team too, but was unable to get a hold of them. Called back, left voicemail, called support who said they will get back and still nothing. Contacted Fido on social media and they told me they have no memo on my old account and without it they can't provide what I've been offered.

rfurtado
I'm a contributor level 1

I was offered on Oct. 2 2023 by the Winback team a deal of 3 lines for $118.65 TAXES INCLUDED. The email confirmation showed a much higher price. After numerous calls and time spent on the phone, twitter message, AskJack chat, I spoke with 3 different agaents to assured me that they were seing on their screen that the discounts were applied on my account and my bill was going to be $30 + $30 + $40 + taxes.  So on OCTOBER 19, I called them and activated the lines.
On November 4 I received my first bill: $531.49

Still waiting for the Winback team to call me. Also opened a case with the CCTS.  

Hi @rfurtado!

We're sorry to read about your experience and are happy we were able to send a request for you on X to have an advisor reach you out. If there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime, don't hesitate to reach us back on X if needed.

rfurtado

Yes, you can help. Have the Winback team call me. 

MarieS

I have the exact issue. A promo code has not been activated and I am going to be charged $55  on my February and March 2023 bills with no credit. I was supposed to get this plan for $30/month based on the exclusive comeback offer. FIDO WinBack is a  FIDO SCAM TEAM.

Hey @MarieS, we'll be happy to go over the situation with you.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line.

- Via live chat on Fido.ca.

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 

mariaarifin

Hi again,

My case has been resolved. Thanks to @FidoAnthony for suggesting that I contact Fido through Facebook.

Fido Facebook chat agent Curtis was an angel who patiently helped me solve the problem. He/she opened a ticket for me with the back office regarding my $20 off for 24 months comeback offer, which was applied within 2-3 days to my account. Curtis also applied the $20 off to my upcoming bills where the offer has not yet been applied.

I just wished I knew this route sooner- I could have saved so much time and headache calling Fido support team on the phone! Fido needs to tell their support call team to refer us to their Fido Facebook team in such cases, because honestly, the call team seem to have no clue what to do other than escalate the case to the winback team. It will save a lot of stress not only for us customers, but also the Fido support call team.

To all of you Fido customers still trying to reach the winback team and have been calling endlessly, give their Facebook chat a try!

Maria

FidoStephane

Hi there @mariaarifin  

Very sorry you haven't received your discount or a callback yet. It is possible the callback is taking a little longer due to the holiday weekend. 

If you still haven't received a call by tomorrow mid-day, please contact us so we can see what is delaying the callback fido.ca/contact

Thank you 

mariaarifin

Hi @FidoStephane,

I will wait for another 24 hours, but if no calls till then, I am afraid I will have to bring this up and leave FIDO, again. I was already on a slightly more expensive deal with Virgin ($37/month) and they have already offered to re-activate my account. I will gladly go back to them as this FIDO Winback offer is not worth the headache. This last month has been a total nightmare for me. If I knew this was going to happen, I would have never switched back to FIDO.

Both Nidhi and Alicia promised to call me back after 48 hours, if the Winback team did not call me after the promised 48 hours wait time. No one ever called me back. And honestly, asking FIDO customers to wait for a callback from the Winback team just to activate an offer we already received is a pretty flawed system. We should be able to reach the Winback team or whomever can activate the offer we received at our convenience, not the other way around. The very first customer service agent I called also never mentioned to me that I would have to wait for the Winback team to call me back in order for my offer to be activated. She told me my offer will be activated once I activate my FIDO SIM card. Well, as we know, that was all a lie. Thank you.

Rest assured we want to get this resolved for you ASAP. Please let us know if you have received a call back by tomorrow mid-day.

mariaarifin

Hi @FidoAnthony,

Unfortunately I have not received any call backs from FIDO. Can someone please help me fix this problem ASAP? I have a job and a life and I cannot be waiting for FIDO's call back anymore. This is mentally exhausting. If my exclusive promo code cannot be applied, please let me know so I can move on to another provider. I am not paying $55/month when I was promised $35/month, and I need to get on with more important things in my life. Thank you.

Hey @mariaarifin, I'm sorry to hear that. Please contact us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. We'll be happy to help you! 

mariaarifin

Hi again,

I tried contacting Fido Facebook- did not help at all. The agent (Curtis) asked me for my number again so that they can escalate the case again, so that the Winback team can call me back again. We know that did not happen over the last 4 weeks already. Please help? This is getting outrageous.

Our team on Facebook have a direct contact to our winback team. Rest assured they will get back to you. We appreciate your continued patience.