cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalating a complaint

Morag1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello. I was told by a Fido rep named Enthia via chat that my Fido home service which has always been free, subject to reveal every two years, would be renewed for free for an additional 24 months when the current promo period runs out next week.  But when I called to get confirmation, I was told "there are no promotions available at this time."

Unwilling to pay $18 a month for home phone on top of what I am already paying, I was planning on paying the balance of my tab and porting out my mobile plan to Koodo and my home phone to a low cost voip service for $4.95 a month at the end of my current billing cycle. But I was told that since I have a commitment from a 

Fido rep in writing, via the transcript of my chat, that I should first escalate my concern to the office of the president before porting out. 

I understand there's a process I have to follow to escalate a complaint and there used to be a link in this forum on how to do so but it is no longer working. Can anybody tell me the process? Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Morag1,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your experience. However, you should note these forums are community-driven and are not intended as a venue for customer support. We would not know what was previously discussed. However, if something is subject to review every two years, it's unlikely to always be free. If a certain promotion was meant to be indefinite (as the term always would suggest), it would not require periodic review.

If you wished to submit a formal complaint, you would need to escalate your matter through customer support. Issues will only be referred to the Office of President or Ombudsman once the proper escalation process had already been exhausted (see here). 

If you wished to address your matter, you would need to contact customer service and have them escalate your concern. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You can also follow the resolve a concern.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers