cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Data Plan

MCMXCV
I'm a participant level 3

When is the double data promotion ending? 

8 REPLIES 8

FidoValerie

Hey @MCMXCV !

Welcome to the Community. Very_Happy

All our offers are subject to change at any time, but our current Holideals are expected to last until January 4th 2021.

Your best bet is to benefit from it as soon as possible, just in case anything changes. Smiley

MCMXCV

Okay cool, follow up question if I switch now would my bill this month be the new plan price or stay as the current price? 

Thanks Smiley

Hello MCMXCV,

Welcome to the community!

If you change your plan mid-cycle, your fees would be prorated with your old plan and new plan charges. You can view more information regarding mid-cycle plan changes here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

MCMXCV

Hmm okay so I understand if I switched to get more data or any add ons I would pay on a per day basis, but what if I want to switch to a plan with less data? I'm considering switching to the $50 data, talk, and text plan from the $60 one so my next bill will refelct which price? 

Hello again,

I'll assume your old plan was also a data, talk and text plan. As mentioned previously, your charges would be prorated for both plans. For example, assume you change your plan one week after your billing cycle starts. Your next bill would include: [($60/31) x 7 days] + [($50/31) x 24 days]. Similarly, if you changed your plan two weeks after your billing cycle starts, your next bill would include: [($60/31) x 14 days] + [($50/31) x 17 days]. Note those calculations assume a 31 day month. The further into a billing cycle, the more your bill would reflect your old plan; the lesser into a billing cycle, the more your bill would reflect your new plan.

If you are switching from a data, talk and text plan to another data, talk, and text plan, you would have access to the larger data allotment for the remainder of the billing cycle.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again,

I should clarify my earlier post. The information provided isn't entirely correct... I provided the calculations as an example of how proration works. However, It was not correct in stating that's how your next bill will be provided. Every bill includes charges for the upcoming month plus any additional charges from last billing cycle (ie long-distance, roaming, etc). So technically, your current monthly plan would have already been paid on your last bill. Any changes made to the current billing cycle would prorated as shown above, but would be reflected as additional charges or credits on your next bill. Your next bill would include the new plan cost plus those additional charges or credits.

I apologise for the incomplete information provided in my earlier post.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

MCMXCV

Hi, 

I think I kind of understand how this works. I changed my data, talk and text plan from $65 to $50 on Jan 1 and my last billing cycle ended on Dec 26. My bill this month is showing me the $65, so would I have to pay this amount for this month and get credit on the next bill for the days I'm using the new $50 plan? Or will my current bill will update with the new price? 

Thanks for the help 

Hello @MCMXCV,

That's correct because we are always billed in advance you will need to pay the amount on the bill and on the next bill, you will see the prorated charges and will be credited back accordingly.