cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage Fido Calculation is more than what my phone tracks.

Sepidehsanaz
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I have received a notification regarding my over-limit data Usage asking me to get extra coverage or accept the extra charge.

I have 10 GB of data on my plan and normally use about 3 GB of it. I have set up my phone to track my data usage. My phone shows about 7 GB of data used and Fido app shows over 10 GB . I am wondering if anyone here had the same issue and how can I prove it? My phone tracks my Data from July1-31 and it is the same period for Fido app. So what should I do? 

3 REPLIES 3

KDD

The difference in mine is 2.3 on my phone and 10 on the app. What's going on?? That's not just a date error. I checked the dates. And Fido customer service being virtually nonexistent, means virtually no way of checking. Jack is a joke and the 40 min wait phone call was disconnected 25 min in.

Click here

Good morning @KDD , that does seem to be a wide gap between the two. Did you compare with your account on Fido.ca ? If you log on to fido website and go to your account dashboard does the usage match? If not, you may have to uninstall the fido app and then restart your phone and reinstall the app to see if that corrects the issue. That would be a good first troubleshoot. If they are the same, then it's a matter of tracking down what might be using up your data. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Sepidehsanaz!

It is possible that the data usage in the phone settings and the Fido app are a little different however the difference of over 3GB you mention is quite significant and shouldn't be the case.

Can you double-check your Fido bill to make sure what the bill cycle is? It may not start on the 1st and this can be the cause of the discrepancy.