Customer Service/Retention

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Customer Service/Retention

If anything this is for visability. I have been using Fido for almost 8 years, called them to see if they could match their competitors. After going back and forth for a while, the best they could do is match the plan and give me 9 dollars off a new phone (this includes me using all my fido dollars) compared to their competitors pricing. Weak customer service and retention.

***Edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 24
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Customer Service/Retention

Hi @faSFGASDF & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to see that you're unsatisfied with what you were offered. Sad Rest assured that we do value loyalty and want to offer the best value to our customers. That said, it's also important to understand that we can only offer what we have available. While we can sometimes match competitor pricing, it's not always an option available to us.

If you'd like me to go over your options again to see if anything was missed, let me know & I'll send you a PM. You can also reach us through one of these channels.

Cheers Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 24
Highlighted

Hi FidoMaria,

First of all I would like to apologize if I came off as rude. I was extremely frustrated yesterday after getting off that phone call with one of your service rep. While I understand that it is sometimes hard to price match a competitors if they have a promotion, this was straight from their website that anyone new could get. I would very much appreciate it if it is possible if I could go over my options as it would be much more convenient just to stay with Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 24
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @faSFGASDF

I'll be happy to take a look at your options!

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 24
Highlighted

Update. After talking with 3 different mods in this forum nothing was actually done. They kept saying hate to see me go and offer loyalty services, but nothing really happened. They price matched their competitors and said that they what they were offering me was customer loyalty. I must say I am very dissapointed but I must give credit that the people here were helpful in answering any questions I had and were very nice about it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 24
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for your the kinds words @faSFGASDF! We always make sure that we give options to our customers. As Maria mentioned, if the option isn't there, we can't apply it, but we certainly try our best. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

There comes a time that one has to move forward and "get with the current program".  One can't keep on complaining about being with Fido for X + Y + Z years and they are unable to offer me a plan "I" like (take note of the CAPITAL I).  Times have changed and one have to accept that. 

It's like walking to a A & W and demanding the casher give you a Mozza burger for $4.25 + GST just because you have been eating A & W burgers for the past 17 years.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 24
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

That would be a valid comparison ("A&W burgers") if the reality of the situation were A&W customers being under (2-3 year) contract(s) with that company over a long (many year) period, not allowing them to eat hambergers at any other chain while under said contract(s).  Also taking note that the customer can only have one secific hamburger under the contract terms and if he/she is looking to "upgrade" there is (typically) a substantial fee, and in some cases they aren't able to upgrade to a better hamburger at all in the begining stages of said contract(s).

What long term customers are typically seeking is some show of loyalty that the company they have been with, (under contracts) for years, is willing to take the extra step to keep them content & do the legwork on their end to create a better cell plan (& desired upgraded headset at low cost) that the competition is currently offering to brand NEW customers.  We don't feel that is, in any way, too much to ask for as long term customers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 24
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Nothing unusual about Canada cell pricing being rediculous!  When my contract with Fido comes due in May I may sign up with a US service like T-Mobile that offer North America coverage with more data and also International data and text.   I travel and use international sims which are about the same price as my fido service but with 2 to 5 Gig of data! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 24
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Boatertoo,

I understand that some US providers offer North American roaming. Roaming is a courtesy between mobile providers and its use is usually only meant on a temporary basis. I'm doubtful that any mobile provider would allow indefinite roaming on their networks. Why would they allow a device to use their networks long-term and not get paid for its usage?

Even extended coverage -- the roaming agreement between Canadian mobile providers -- stipulates that the majority of usage must be done on the home network or the service may get blocked.

If you only visit Canada, then a US provider may be an option. However, if you live in Canada, you might consider verifying how long you are able to use a foreign SIM on Canadian networks.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 24