Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countries for the 1000 minutes of international long distance

Emvipi
I'm a participant level 2

Hi.

I've been told by the shop assistant that there are 11 countries on the list included in the 1000 minutes. 

Can I please see that list?

Thanks in advance!

29 REPLIES 29

nhkhan67
I'm a participant level 1

Nigeria and Korea are also included  in my plan.

misterdd

Hello,

I have the BYOD plans with the 1000-min calling internationally.

I want to change a new iphone and want to have a unlimited add-on calling USA. My question is:

If I change to a new phone with Fido and do an upgrade for the plans, shall this LD plan still be kept?

If I want to add on the unlimited call for USA, can I have both the LD for 1000 and US at the same time?

Thank you!

Hello Misterdd,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, that 1000 International minutes was a promotional offer available on certain plans and not an add-on per se. If you were to change plans, I don't think that offer will migrate to your new plan. Unless they have another current promotion with that same offer on the new plans, you'll likely have to forfeit that promotion when you change plans.

If you chose to keep your plan (and the 1000 International minutes), I believe you should also be able add the Unlimited US calling add-on and have both options available to you.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

misterdd

Thank you very much!

nodiahmed

Hi,

I have a 1000 LD minutes as a part of my package. Can someone share the list of these countries or is it open to all.

Thanks.

Hey @nodiahmed,

We've moved your post to this thread as the topics are similar Smiley You'll find your answer in the solution above!

shamsjbr

If Fido network also include Pakistan in this list it will be helpful for so many user.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Emvipi,

As far as I am aware, I believe these are the Countries included with the 1000 International long-distance minutes:

• Australia
  • Bangladesh
  • China (excluding Macau)
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Italy
  • Mexico
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom

(see here and here)

I am not aware whether they have added an additional Country to that list or not.

**edit** You should note that long-distance (LD) calls are charged airtime plus LD. Those 1000 minutes are only for the LD portion of the calls, it does not include airtime. If you have a limited amount of airtime minutes (ie 500 Canada-wide minutes), you would be charged airtime for the LD calls if you have exceeded that limit.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Emvipi

Thanks Cawtau.

I had found that list before. I was looking for the 11th country. He definitely said 11.

Do you know who might know? 

PS. thanks for the heads up regarding airtime. 

williamUng

I got the 1000 mins. long distance call plan.

May I know what's the countries Included?

Hello @williamUng,

The countries are listed above.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Emvipi and @Cawtau!

There are 10 destinations as Cawtau mentioned, Macau is included though Smiley

Australia,

Bangladesh

China (including Macau)

Germany

Hong Kong

India,

Italy 

Mexico

Taiwan 

United Kingdom

Hope that helps! 

sainmym

I called Italy and got billed. There is a change

Hello @sainmym,

Depending on when you got the 1000 minutes promotion the list of countries has changed this is the list of countries that are currently included.

New 1000 minutes.jpg

Source my personal account change email confirmation from December 2022.

Hello KAPABLE-K,

Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for posting!

@FidoSolutions Could you please verify whether the list provided applies to all 1000 International minute promotions or only to newly obtained promotions? If it only applies to newly acquired promotions, perhaps Fido might consider providing an alternate name to prevent confusion. On the other hand, if the list for the Countries has been changed across the board for the promotion, could you please update the information in FidoNick's post above so the information provided is consistent.

Cheers

Hey @Cawtau
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Smiley 

What @KAPABLE-K said is correct, the list of countries does change depending on when the customer received the promotion.

If customers keep their previous promotion though, nothing changes for them.

Hope this helps and clarifies! 

Hello Sainmym,

Just to clarify, do you have the 1000 International Minute promotion or the 1500 Minutes to Select Countries add-on (see here, under Calling)? The latter add-on does include fewer Countries and Italy would not be included. You can view the included Countries on the Add-on page. Is it possible you have the add-on rather than the promotional offer?

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider contacting customer service if you wish them to look into the matter. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Raman327

Is it still the same or changed

yogs
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I called in today it has changed. Australia is no more part. Better to call them and check.

Hello again,

Just to clarify, do you have the 1000 International Minute promotion or the 1500 Minutes to Select Countries add-on (see here, under Calling)? The latter add-on does include fewer Countries and Australia would not be included. You can view the included Countries on the Add-on page. Is it possible you have the add-on rather than the promotional offer?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers