Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely Disable Roaming on Two Lines

coolspot
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Hello @FidoSolutions 

I see on an old post that you can request Customer Service to complete disable roaming (i.e. Roaming Block), but the CSR was unable to do so and disabled Fido Roam.

I like to:

1. Confirm Fido Roam is disabled on my two lines ending in 8961 and 2566.
  2. Completely block roaming (i.e. Roaming Block) on 8961 and 2566.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Coolspot,

I understand you would like to block roaming on your two lines. You should note that the forums are community-driven and no longer intended as a venue for customer services. I understand you have already contacted customer services, but you would likely need to re-contact customer service in order to verify your Fido Roam status and block roaming. They may need to escalate your request if they are unable to block roaming entirely. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

In order to prevent roaming charges, it is usually recommended to disable data and roaming data. However, it should be noted that disabling roaming data does not prevent roaming for voice or text messaging. It would also be recommended to keep Airplane or Flight modes enabled for the duration of trips. You could manually enable Wifi when required.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers