Charged for Directory Assistance.

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 BR11
I'm a Participant Level 2

Charged for Directory Assistance.

I was charged for Directory Assistance which I did not use. You can look up any number on the internet, why would you use Directory Assistance. I contacted Fido and they said there was nothing they could do about it. So sorry too bad. The $4.50 charge for something I did not do seems very excessive. I let them know that when I go to renew my phone they will not be be my cell provider. I notice this has happened to other people. Not sure what triggers this bogus charge. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Charged for Directory Assistance.

It's possible that it was dialled by accident, @BR11. Rest assured we only charge you for the usage that was actually made on your sim. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive) FidoFaiza
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @BR11

Canadian telephone directory is a paid service and everytime 411 is dialed, $4.50 is charged. 

Is it possible that you dialled by mistake or borrowed your phone to someone who did? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 BR11
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I thought about that, maybe dialled by accident. But to my knowledge I never made a 411 call. No one else ever uses my cell phone. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive) FidoFaiza
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

It's possible that it was dialled by accident, @BR11. Rest assured we only charge you for the usage that was actually made on your sim. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4