Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling and deactivating account

dms7
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, 

Due to the COVID-19 situation, I have left Canada for the time being. I was wondering how much it would cost to cancel my plan and account? 

9 REPLIES 9

jagjot2004
I'm a participant level 1

deavtivate mu sim plz

Hello Jagjot2004,

Welcome to the community!

Are you intending on returning to Fido at some point? If you are returning to Fido, that would be considered a temporary suspension. Fido does offer a temporary suspension for a reduced fee on eligible lines, if that was your intention. You should note that the temporary suspension only applies to your services. You would still need to pay the monthly costs for financing the device, if any.

Unfortunately, there is no way to add the temporary suspension or cancel services online. You should also note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you're eligible for the temporary suspension or wish to cancel, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Sukhvindersingh

I am going to vacation on four months so please deactivate my service    

Hello Sukhvindersingh,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KarrelKane

How to deactivate or cancel my simcard from fido? 

Hello @KarrelKane,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to contact customer service directly and they will be able to process the cancellation.

Mike311

how much to cancel everything

Hey @Mike311! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

The breakdown is described very well in @KAPABLE-K's post. If you have any questions, you can reach out to us via the methods found here.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @dms7,

If you do not have a contract then there will be no fee to cancel you will just need to pay for the days the phone was active before it was canceled. If you are planning on coming back and would like to keep your number and plan you might want to consider doing a temporary suspension.

A temporary suspension is only for lines that is currently not on contract and it can be added for 2-12 months and the cost is $7/month. 

If you are on contract then you will have to pay the remaining device balance plus the days the line was active before you cancel. 

If you want to do the temporary suspension or cancel the account only a Fido representative can do it, you would need to get in touch with them.

To contact customer service even from outside of the country see here.