Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minus on Account Balance

sba1
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

On December's account balance, there's a minus sign infront of the amount of my bill (-$51.18) and I paid $51.18 for December's bill so that it's becoming -$102.36 now. I'm confused what that means. I didn't pay late before and I'm curious what that minus sign means. Can anyone explain that?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Your overpayment will be deducted from your next bill, so, if the balance from your next bill is less than -$102.36, you will not need to make a payment on your next bill. 

sba1

Thank you very much for the explanation! I really appreciate that.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Harman_kaur

If you have a negative balance and your account is cancelled, you'll receive a refund cheque.  It can take up to six weeks after you receive your final bill for you to receive it.

Poojaman833
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Refund cheque will be provided where?

Hello Poojaman833,

Welcome to the community!

The refund cheque will generally be sent to the address they have on file.

You should also note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you need to change the address or wish to further enquire about your particular situation, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Always a pleasure @sba1 Wink 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey sba1!

The minus sign in front your balance indicates that you have a credit balance on your account. This means that you have made an overpayment (paid more than what you owe) on your account.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Harman_kaur

Mee too same but my number is cancelled can u send my refunds to my bank account 

sba1

Oh Okay,

So what do I have to do? Will the overpayment get back to me later? Or, don't I have to pay for the next month because I have a credit balance on my account?

Thank you for your attention.