Can I put my plan on hold?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Can I put my plan on hold?

I am leaving the country for a few months and I will not be using my phone plan and I think my money would be going to no good use for those months so I was wondering if I could put my plan on hold until I return to Canada. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I put my plan on hold?

Hello Darcy2,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer a temporary suspension of 2 to 12 months for a reduced monthly rate. However, there are certain stipulations which would need to be met. Are you currently subsidising or financing a device? If you have a subsidised agreement, you wouldn't be eligible since the suspension is only available on accounts without a subsidised agreement. On the other hand, if you have a financed agreement, you should note that the suspension is on your services only. You would still be required to pay your existing monthly financing payments (see here). As far as I am aware, the temporary suspension is $7 per month (see here).

If you're eligible for the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Re: Can I put my plan on hold?

Hello Darcy2,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer a temporary suspension of 2 to 12 months for a reduced monthly rate. However, there are certain stipulations which would need to be met. Are you currently subsidising or financing a device? If you have a subsidised agreement, you wouldn't be eligible since the suspension is only available on accounts without a subsidised agreement. On the other hand, if you have a financed agreement, you should note that the suspension is on your services only. You would still be required to pay your existing monthly financing payments (see here). As far as I am aware, the temporary suspension is $7 per month (see here).

If you're eligible for the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2