cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I put my plan on hold?

Darcy2
I'm a participant level 1

I am leaving the country for a few months and I will not be using my phone plan and I think my money would be going to no good use for those months so I was wondering if I could put my plan on hold until I return to Canada. 

3 REPLIES 3

mmorrow

This has been super frustrating.  I hr call back wait then they hang up x 3.  Went to the store where they told me to call customer service.  3 days latter still nothing.

I am leaving the country and just need to put my phone on hold

Can anyone help??? 

Hey @mmorrow !

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Sorry to learn that you have yet to speak with someone to suspend your account.

We've been a lot busier than usual lately with the recent holiday promotions, but we do have other methods of contact for customer service that don't require you to wait on hold over the phone.

You can find them all here

Reach out whenever you have a moment and they'll be glad to help.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Darcy2,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer a temporary suspension of 2 to 12 months for a reduced monthly rate. However, there are certain stipulations which would need to be met. Are you currently subsidising or financing a device? If you have a subsidised agreement, you wouldn't be eligible since the suspension is only available on accounts without a subsidised agreement. On the other hand, if you have a financed agreement, you should note that the suspension is on your services only. You would still be required to pay your existing monthly financing payments (see here). As far as I am aware, the temporary suspension is $7 per month (see here).

If you're eligible for the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers