Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T MAKE CALLS AND RECEIVE PHONE CALLS

karenrapues
I'm a participant level 2

PLEASE HELP TO FIX THIS ASAP I NEED TO CALL 😭

Signal is full strength. Able to send and receive messages. Able to use mobile data. But NOT able Dial or Receive Calls!!!!. Same issue as everyone posted. I tried resetting factory settings, restarted phone. Nothing working out. It's really frustrating

13 REPLIES 13

Avneet4

Hii , I m facing the same issue . Is your issue got resolved. If yes, then how?? Pls help me out.

Hey @Avneet4. Please reach out to customer service if you still need assistance with this. 

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 2

@FidoAllan Isn't there a rule (or should be) against necroposting replying to an old thread, say more than 6 months?

Hey @Confusedhere,

There is no such rule in our community. Users are free to reply to old threads if it's relevant. 😊

Confusedhere

@FidoLony, how unfortunate. There should be a rule against necroposting like in many other popular forums especially since technology changes rapidly.

As a suggestion, can it be considered and archive older threads?

Hello Confusedhere,

@Confusedhere wrote:

As a suggestion, can it be considered and archive older threads?

They already do archive older threads.

Cheers

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

UPDATE - PERMANENT FIX

Please download the new version of the Google app release 12.33.16.23.arm64 and it should fix it.

Thank you!

lostmytoy
I'm a participant level 3

My wife's LG G7 has the same problem. It started yesterday, SMS and mobile data work but cannot make and receive call. Incoming call will go voicemail after one ring. Tried reset network, run in safe mode, etc. None of the trick can solve the problem. Any suggestion?

Good morning @lostmytoy ,Fido is aware of the problem with the LG devices and a new software that arrived perhaps last week. They are working on resolving the problem. They will send out a notification when it is fixed. See the other posts on the forum. Here's the solution for now

SOLVED BY Original_Lucy_0-1630419812977.png

Hey everyone, 

We are aware that customers who installed the beta version of the Google mobile application software and are using a LG G7 device with the model number LM-G710AWM;15 are unable to make or receive phone calls on their LG G7 devices.

We're working on a permanent fix as fast as we can!

To fix this temporarily, please perform the following steps on your phone if you haven’t already:

1. Open Play Store > Search for Google > select GOOGLE > select UNINSTALL.

2. Then, in the top right-hand corner, select the 3 dots and deselect auto-update. Please do not update the app.

We will send everyone another message once a permanent fix is available!

Thank you all for your patience

lostmytoy

The new Google app works. Phone works normally after updated to new Google app. Thanks.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @karenrapues

I replied to your other post here

Good morning @karenrapues , welcome to the community. Sorry you are having problems with your phone. Did you try making a call using a different sim card to see if that works? The sim card might be improperly seated, so you could remove and reinsert it in your device.

Was your phone working previously? When did it stop working? Any new apps prior to losing the ability to make or receive phone calls? What model device do you have? Did you previously have a data only plan? I know, a lot of questions but the answers to these questions could provide the answer to the phone issue.

If after trying all the methods you have already tried, try another sim in your phone to determine if it's your phone or the sim card. If another sim works, remove and reinsert your sim and restart. If not working with your sim, you may need it replaced and it would be time to contact fido directly on Fido.ca live chat or on social media with Twitter or Facebook. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you

karenrapues

Did you try making a call using a different sim card to see if that works?

- Yes, but still can make calls.

Was your phone working previously?

- Yes it's working.

When did it stop working?

- just happened last night August 28, 2021

Any new apps prior to losing the ability to make or receive phone calls?

- No

What model device do you have

?

- LG G7 ThinQ

Did you previously have a data only plan

?

- No