cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar is a horrible company that will scam you

GamerDP
I'm a participant level 2

DO NOT PURCHASE DEVICE PROTECTION FROM BRIGHSTAR, IT IS A SCAM.

Brightstar is one of the most horrible and inept companies I have had to deal with. While trying to acquire a replacement phone, not only did they charge a processing fee when replacement phones were advertised as "no cost," but they also refused to send me a mailing label and charged me $300 without any warning for not returning my phone. Even after the charge, I still had to call several times asking for a mailing label while every single representative told me conflicting information regarding my phone. FURTHERMORE, the company did not send any warning calls about the fee, resulting in an overage fee on my credit card. I had multiple Brightstar employees stick their neck out for me and say that they would provide compensation, yet unsurprisingly, other Brightstar employees refused to provide compensation, and mocked me for not knowing any better and not being a smarter consumer.

This company will lie, cheat and scam you to make a profit and does not care about their customers. If you value your time, money, sanity, and the safety of your mobile device, do not sign up for anything with this sham company. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @GamerDP,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Brightstar. You're welcome to contact us through these methods so we can see if there's anything we can do to escalate your case.

GamerDP

Hi @FidoAnthonyZ , thank you for replying!

I don't have any further concerns with Brightstar, right now I'm waiting for them to return the $300 they took without notice, but I may have an issue if they pay me too slowly.

However, after combing through the Fido forums, Facebook, and Google, and finding NOTHING but bad reviews (they actually stopped taking reviews on Facebook), I want to ask one favour.

If you truly care for the Fido community and us as customers, please cancel your partnership with Brightstar, so that nobody else has to endure this brutal service.

Thank you very much for your feedback @GamerDP !

We take your comments into account, as we want you to have a positive experience when using our services or the ones offered by our partners.

It's feedback like yours that allows us to improve and we do appreciate that you took the time to let us know about this. Smiley