cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar Issue

PauGiraldo97
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I lost my phone and made the request via online they ask for any utility bill but living in rented place without any agreement. how can a person can give it?
Further when it comes to utility bill, how can a home hydro bill, gas bill or document can be on my name if i am not the owner.

I can’t even log into my plan in website how I’m supposed to email something if I can’t check my staff

I already have sent memos through the contact us platform but still they don’t answer

9 REPLIES 9

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @PauGiraldo97,

Welcome to our Community! 

I'm sad to learn you've encountered difficulties with your claim and I understand where you're coming from. The good news are that BrightStar should also accept one of the following documents as proof of address:

• Internet/cable bill, Water bill, Trash bill, Lease agreement, Mortgage Agreement, Car Registration, Car Insurance Statement, or Property Tax Bill

Just a heads up that the document needs to match the name of the subscriber listed on the Government ID you submitted.

If you can't provide any of the above, they accept a Student Verification Document as well.

These documents may be acceptable as long as the billing address is listed and matches the student’s full name and address as recorded by BirghtStar. Furthermore,

• Student ID must be provided along with acceptable form of government issued ID for the current school year.
  • Student transcript or official document from Registrar office for student full name at billing address for current year coupled with Student ID.
  • Student class schedule may be submitted, however requires certification as an official record by Registrar office for student full name at billing address for current year.
  • A work permit/study document may be accepted as proof of address where all other student documents have been submitted and approved.

You can also contact them over the phone at 1-866-327-3399 to discuss this further.

Hope this helps!

As for your online account, can you tell us what happens when you try to log in? Is there an error message?

Also, are you logging in with your email or phone number?

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

linsey7569
I'm a participant level 3

I had e-mailed all the additional documents they wanted after I lost my phone. I sent it on June 10th, but today is June 27th... They don't even answer my question.

Hey @linsey7569, welcome to the community! Have you tried escalating the issue to a manager on their side? 

linsey7569

I left a message and sent an e-mail, but I can't get any reply so far.

Hey @linsey7569

Have you had the chance to reach out to them by phone as well, at 1-866-327-3399? One of their representative should be able to assist you and follow up on your claim.

Let us know!

linsey7569

I have called the brightstar service and i have no clue what i have to write for the second question which was something about address. The one after the phone number. 
can you please tell me what it is? 

Hi @linsey7569 !

In the Brighstar claim, you would simply need to enter your phone number and an email address as contact methods to reach you.

Is this what you're referring to? 

If not, please let us know where exactly you see this question! 

linsey7569

When I call 866)327-3399, I have to press only some number, so it is not right to press my email address like you said. They said that press my billing address. Sure I tried my street number but it's not correct. What should I do? Besides, why couldn't reply about my e-mail? Please let me know that correct e-mail address, where can I send to Brightstar?? They said that is "document@brightstarprotect.com", but it's not exist address.

Hello Linsey7569,

@linsey7569 wrote:...They said that is "document@brightstarprotect.com", but it's not exist address.

To clarify, did you try to send the email to document or documents @brightstarprotect.com? According to their website (screenshot posted here), the correct email address contains the plural form of the word.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers