Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issue

aasingh1204
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Sir / Madam

My name is Ankita Singh. I have taken Fido Card in India in June 2023. Same was was not being used by me as I have lost SIM card 

At Toronto Air port I have informed to Fido Gallery, I was being offered with new SIM card.

I have informed your old SIM card will be cancelled, same was cancelled for which I have attached screen shot.

To be surprised have received bill, which I have not used at all and same is being cancelled as well.

Request you to cancel the bill and confirm the same.
Please reach out to me for further clarifications
Regards

3 REPLIES 3

barneyD
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello ,Fido 

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction regarding recent billing issues with my Fido account.

In March 2023, Fido approached me with an offer to upgrade my data plan to 40GB for an additional $10 per month, resulting in a new plan fee of $41. Subsequently, during Fido's Black Friday promotion last year, I visited a Fido store to inquire about participating in the offer for a free Pixel 7 phone. I explicitly clarified with the staff that I did not wish to upgrade my plan and that there should be no additional charges. I was assured multiple times that my plan would remain unchanged, given my loyalty as a longstanding customer.

However, upon participating in the promotion, I was shocked to discover that my plan fee had increased by $14 on both my December and January bills, with no corresponding changes to my plan. This unilateral increase in fees without my consent or prior notification is unacceptable and constitutes deceptive behavior.

Despite contacting customer service on five separate occasions over a two-week period, I was either informed of technical difficulties preventing access to my account or told that my request could not be processed. I find it outrageous that Fido assured me during the promotion process that there would be no changes to my plan, only to arbitrarily raise my monthly fees afterward.

If this issue is not promptly resolved, I demand that the additional charges be reversed. Alternatively, I am willing to return the new phone and revert to my previous plan fee. This experience has shattered my trust in Fido's promises and services, and I expect a swift and satisfactory resolution to this matter.

Sincerely,

Hello @barneyD,

We're sorry to learn your experience hasn't been positive. It's not how we want it to be!

Customers are provided with a signed agreement either online or in store when they upgrade their device. The agreement details the charges they will incur for the new phone and plan. Did you get the chance to review it?

As for the device return, you have a 15 days Satisfaction Guarantee period during which you can return the phone if it was upgraded in a store. Past the 15 days, we cannot accept the return.

If you have any questions about your account, please reach out to us through these channels. We'd be happy to go over it with you.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Aasingh1204,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services so we would not have access to customers' accounts. Unfortunately, we would not know what was discussed at the Airport. If you wish to cancel a service or verify its cancellation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers