cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Fido billing

lantonio1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Everyone, I moved from Virgin, to fido 2 years ago.  At that time they promised me a monthly fee of $203.42 guaranteed for 18 months. Within 2 months. - My credit card had been billed(without consent) over $500.  When I called back they had me run around their customer service dept for hours till they had it resolved.  That resolved - they attempted to raise my rate approximately $30 monthly in the third month stating that all their rates had increased. It took alot of phone calls and escalating it to their office of the president till they apologized and offered me 24 months instead of the 18 months at their special promotional rate. This is accepted. As soon as the original 18 months was up  - they increased the rate again. I am so tired of calling " their office of the president" and receiving no reply back. -- I have emailed them numerous times. I have been paying my proper rate of $203.42 monthly, every month!

They have zapped our phones since the beginnng- YOU THINK YOUR PHONE DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE YOU CAN'T RECEIVE OR MAKE CALLS, TEXT MSG. ETC - this usually last for 24 hours.  The idea being that you log into a new contract to finance the new phones.  This stopped for a while after the original call to their presidents office.(AND I TOLD THEM TO STOP DOING THAT). 

Now , I have left and would like to pay my final bill. The prorated proper amount. Not the late charges and interest that they have been tacking on to their EXTRA $20 DOLLARS PER month.  I have called in various times and after finally talking to their management team- they hung up on me again. I waited 2 hours on hold and once they went back on all the notes- they hung up. Unbelievable!!!!IT SOUNDS LIKE A DROPPED CALLED. BUT THEY HAD MY NUMBER. BUT TO HANG UP/

So , I would like to know which branch of the crtc to file an actual complaint with.  I have had it with them.  It was so bad that after I left- i received a survey (extra long) that amongst the first questions for leaving were. 

Did you leave because we raised your rates soon after you joined and did you leave to get a new phone with another company.  Did you leave due to our customer service etc... NOW that Freedom has been bought out by fido . GOOD LUCK YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT. 

FIDO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET YOUR LAST PAYMENT - YOU can call me.  I'm done with waiting on hold. The longest wait time on hold was 9 hours.  The way you treat your customers is disgusting.

If anyone else has gone through this please suggest a way to resolve this.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lantonio1,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. However, you should also note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts nor any previous interactions you may have had. I understand you have already contacted customer service. I also understand you are requesitng them contact you. Unfortunately, no one will likely contact you in response to your post above since this is not customer service. You can follow the steps here to Resolve a Concern.

@lantonio1 wrote:

... NOW that Freedom has been bought out by fido . ..

As a matter of clarification, Freedom was not bought by Fido. In fact, they were not even purchased by Rogers. As a part of the merger, Shaw's mobile assets (Freedom Mobile) was purchased by Québecor (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers