cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fee not waived

Aishu286
I'm a participant level 1

I bought fido plan three months back in September. The store person dint educate me for activating the same online and she never spoke about that. She activated the sim and gave it to me saying the activation fee will be waived in three days. But it's almost three months and it is not waived for my both mobile numbers  (50$ each). When contacted the chat agent they told it will be reversed in second or third month bill but still it wasn't waived off. Really frustrated to see how people are giving false promise's. Wish I never chose fido and would never recommend to anyone.

8 REPLIES 8

malkeetsandhu
I'm a participant level 2

I changed my provider and Fido contacted me on offer and I decided to come back, and now I have seen an activation fee on my account, and they never mention me about the activation fee. help me out. 

Hey @malkeetsandhu! Welcome to the community. 🙂

Has there been any update since your post? If not, I recomment you contact us directly for this matter using one of the methods found here.

I hope this help.

shamikashenoy
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

The same thing happened to me. The store executive activated the sim and mentioned the activation fee would be completely waived in the next bill. This is frustrating and secondly, the sim that was provided was not compatible with my phone, so I had to use a spare phone instead. What is the point of paying the activation fee if I cannot use it?

Now, I am planning to buy a phone and it is such a mess!!!

Harmeet_Singh

Same thing is happening with me as well. I was told that the activiation fee will be waived off in the second bill, but three bills have been generated so far and no waive off amount has been provided.

Hey @Harmeet_Singh, welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear this, that definitely doesn't sound right. I would suggest to get in touch with our customer service, one of our representatives will be able to help you with this. 

You can reach out to us through any of the methods here

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Akshay_08,

Feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to help. 

Akshay_08

Similar case with me as well.

It is very frustrating to be stuck with Fido.

FidoFaiza

Hi @Aishu286

Let me send you a PM to check this out.