cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Unable to get cable replacement

Rajkumar
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an ongoing issue I have been experiencing with the recent purchase of a Samsung S22 through Fido.ca on  Dec 28, 2023

On 2nd Jan 2024, I acquired/received the Samsung S22 as part of a plan. Unfortunately, the cable that came with the phone turned out to be non-functional. I promptly visited the Fido store in Montreal Downtown, where I was advised to seek assistance from the Samsung Store. However, upon visiting the Samsung Store, I was informed that Fido should be responsible for resolving the issue since the phone was purchased through them.

Following this guidance(on Jan 5th 2024), I engaged in a series of communications with Fido's customer support(Chat and Phone). After several transfers and lengthy wait times, I was assured that a replacement cable would be sent to me. Unfortunately, as of the second week of January 2024, I have yet to receive the cable in question. In the second week of January 2024 I reached Fido, they told I should wait till January 16th 2024, if not i need to call Fido customer care.

On 17th Jan 2024, again I went to Samsung store, Samsung store person mentioned that my phone is having the warrantly until 8th Nov 2024 whereas Fido customer customer person says i will be having the warantly until 28th Dec 2024. Even though I have warranty Samsung person says that I have to pay for the cable. I would like to know why my warranty ending on 8th Nov 2024 instead of 28th Dec 2024?

Since i have not received the cable and Samsung not giving the cable freely, so i again called fido customer service, In my latest interaction with Fido customer service on January 18, I was shocked to learn that the case had been closed without a resolution, despite assurances that the cable would be delivered. Subsequent attempts to seek clarification and resolution have been met with extended wait times and unfruitful conversations with the technical team.

This prolonged inconvenience has left me unable to use the new phone I purchased during the Boxing Day deal. I have diligently followed the instructions provided by Fido, including providing Case #C195312982, yet the issue remains unresolved. I would like to know why the Case (#C195312982) closed without resolution?

I kindly request a thorough review of the recorded conversations with Fido customer service to understand the challenges I have faced. I believe this documentation will highlight the considerable frustrations and delays I have experienced in seeking a simple resolution to the cable problem.

I sincerely hope that this matter can be promptly addressed and that a resolution can be achieved to ensure a positive customer experience.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rajkumar,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've experienced delays in obtaining a replacement cord. However, you should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not be able to address your particular matter. If you wished to further discuss your matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

That said, the warranty for the device would be for 12 months after purchase (see here). Since you did purchase the device from Fido, their after-sales manufacturer's warranty from 16 days to 365 days from date of purchase (see here).

I understand you may have gone to a Samsung store to obtain a replacement cord. However, had you filed a warranty claim for the cord? Most stores would not carry OEM replacement accessories for warranty exchanges. The options they likely would have in stock would be retail accessories. That could be the reason they were going to charge you for the cord. If you filed a warranty claim for the cord, the cord would likely have been provided from Samsung Canada directly, and not through a store.

Similarly Fido would not keep OEM accessories on hand at every store location or even in their warehouses. If you filed a warranty claim with Fido, they would have likely forwarded that claim to Samsung on your behalf. They may have closed the case if had already contacted Samsung for the replacement cord. Unfortunately, we cannot speak as to what was previously discussed.

If you hadn't already registered your device, you might consider doing so. In addition, you might consider filing a warranty claim through your Samsung account.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers