Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‭(844) 277-6920‬ call?

kn11
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

Got the call from ‭(844) 277-6920‬, searched and found out that people are complaining it’s a scam but it’s a fido telemarketing number, when picked up nobody answered and got hanged up. Why i got this call? 

77 REPLIES 77

jasonhunter8
I'm a participant level 2

I blocked the number as I was getting several calls per day. Please remove me from the marketing list. Thank you.

Hi @jasonhunter8 !

We'll need to access your account to remove you from the marketing list.

In order to do that, you'd have to contact customer service whenever is convenient for you.

However, since you're already here, we can also send you a PM if you prefer. Smiley

user456912
I'm a contributor level 1

I got a call just now - answered. The person started talking with "Hi I'm ........" and it disconnected. Not sure why  they called? 

Hey @user456912

I'm sorry to hear that the line got disconnected. Sad

If you have a moment, you can reach out to customer service and they should be able to see any notes on your account from the agent who called.

user456912

Seems there's a disconnect between the two teams here. i reached out to customer service and they told me they couldn't tell and to wait for your team to call me back again. 

May someone kindly give me a clear answer? @FidoValerie @

Hey there @user456912, I hope you are well. 

In fact, you should be able to do both. You can contact customer service and they should definitely be able to remove you from the list. However, if you get another call before you have the opportunity to call them, you can ask them to remove you from the list. 

I hope this clarifies Smiley 

user456912

i didn't want to be removed though - just want to hear what the promotion

@Kayla6

There's a PM coming your way, talk to you soon. 

Kayla6

I have authenticated 2 times 

@Kayla6

We received and replied to your PM.

We will continue with you from there. 

Kayla6

I I didn't get the account

We can always send you a PM and we can take a look at this with you! Is that something that you would be interested in?

Kayla6

Yes and thank you 

WendyC
I'm a participant level 1

This happened to me a few times today. The first time I talked to an agent and everything went fine, but then for the rest of the day I got 4 more times from the same caller, and the call disconnected after I pick up. 

Ultragoddess5

If this IS a number calling from FIDO - you are REALLY pissing off your customers. This number has called me NUMEROUS times this week.  Most times they leave no message, just sit online and I can hear people in the background, then they hang up. One message said "hello? Hello? Hello?" and hung up. Are they supposed to show they were "online with the customer" for a certain amount of time? That is the only explanation for not leaving a message and just sitting there.

WHY are they calling? If they leave a message I might call back but I certainly do not answer phone numbers that I don't know. It is really getting me angry, and I've been a FIDO member since the 90's...but seriously consider switching if this doesn't stop.

Hey @Ultragoddess5! Philippe here. Thanks for sharing. Smiley

Has this happened again since?

GB15

Been getting these spam calls and hangups on multiple lines.  I am about to cancel two seperate accounts with fido.  Your customer support was atrocious and now you're spamming us!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @GB15!

We wouldn't want to see you go and we'd love to look into things with you. Those calls are from us but our intention is definitely not to spam. Our teams sometimes call you as they want to let you know about any upcoming promotions or offers for your account/

If you'd like, we can definitely look into your account to see what's available to you at this time. You can always contact us so that we can do that or if you prefer we can send you a PM right here on the Community. 

Hey @Ultragoddess5,

Welcome to our Community!

I'm truly sorry about your experience, that's really not what we want for our customers! That number is ours, we often have special offers and there should definitely be someone on the other end of the line if you receive a call. 

If you no longer wish to receive those calls, we can remove you from our Marketing list. If you'd like to go ahead with that, you can reach us here or we can send you a private message on the Community.

Let us know!

ssaini1

Hi,

i got a call from same number when i picked no one replied and call disconnected.

I've moved from fido to Telus, if i get a better deal i can move 5 lines to fido. Can you guys please arrange a call back on my number ending with 6653. Only 2-4 days left for period of 15 days to come back to fido. 

Hey @ssaini1! Philippe here.

You would have to contact us directly for that here. We can also send you a PM from the community, if you wish.