cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 GB $10.00/mo Data & Text Plan Not Receiving Text

phuzy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I recently switched to the Fido Data & Text plan from another carrier. However, I have been UNABLE to receive SMS text messages since switching over.

I am unable to complete 2FA for a number of other services as SMS does not appear to be working for the Data & Text plan.

Plans - Data & TextPlans - Data & Text

6 REPLIES 6

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey everyone,

I just checked and I don't see the data listed on my side. Can you please confirm if this happens when you're logged in or not? Also, if you clear your cache and delete your cookies, do you see the same thing?

@FidoJulien the option is no longer there when going through as a new customer.

Hey @Cawtau & @KAPABLE-K !

Thank you both for confirming that this is resolved. Smiley

@phuzy, please do let us know if you have any questions or need help with your account! 

Hello FidoJulien,

I no longer see the Tablet plan option under Fido's Data & Text plans when browsing as a new customer. The All Plans Include tab still mentions the Tablet plan, but there is no option to choose that plan.

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @phuzy,

There seems to be an issue with how Fido lists the plans on the website for new customers and existing customers.

As an existing customer if I try to add a line the 4GB option does not show up under the Talk & Text section (they still have the verbiage about the tablet plans under the plan features) but if I go through the website as a new customer Fido lists the 4GB data only plan under the Talk & Text section with no indication that the 4GB plan is a Data only plan, they even give you voicemail options when processing it as a new customer.

This is something Fido needs to address and fix.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Phuzy,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, that plan is the Tablet plan. If you don't have another Fido mobile plan, I'm not sure how you were able to get that plan as it's for eligible post-paid customers only. Unfortunately, voice and text messaging have been disabled on those plans. I understand that the plan was listed under Data & Text. However, under the All Plans Include subsection, the Tablet plan does not list text messaging as a service.

If you would like to have text messaging with your data plan, you would need to switch to one of the other Phone Data & Text plans. If you would like to discuss your options, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers