cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$150 Amazon Gift Card in 30 days, 6/7/8/11wks???

Damian72
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, 

I've signup for Fido internet on Sept 6 during a promo with $150 amazon gift. Initially the gift card was supossed to arrive in 30 days, upon follow up, I was told I should receive a link within 6 wks from registration. 6 wks passed...no card/link.

Called customer care on Oct 17, escalation ticket was created and was told in less than a week a link will be sent. Week passed on Oct 24...no card/link.

Chatted with support (via chat)  on Oct 24, agent advised that link will be sent by Oct 26 (Monday)...surprise, surprise still no card/link.

Today I spent 45 min on call, chatted with agent, agent advised me that I have to wait another 3wks....well done Fido!!!

Fido get your act together, I will cancel my account on Dec 8 if card/link is not im my mailbox in 4wks.

128 REPLIES 128

Fora
I'm a participant level 1

Created an account just to add to this. 
August 25 - signed up for an internet account. Told me the gift card would come in 6 weeks. 

Couple weeks later, found an email in my junk mail to register for the $150 gift card. Signed up. 

Never got any notifications or emails telling me when I would get the gift card. 

Called them 3-4 times asking them about it. I didnt bother writing down the dates i called them asking for it, because i expected the problem would be resolved. I should have. 

Oct 21 - Called them, they told me to wait 2 weeks

Nov 5 - Called them, the guy filed a "claim" and told me to check my email for the next 48 hours. Should arrive by Monday. 

Nov 9 - Calling them. Been on hold and transferred around for 2 hours. Still haven't solved it. 

Will change providers if I don't get any gift card. I don't care. 

anchow

I'm having this exact same issue! I signed up for my Fido account and the Internet plan on August 30th, 2020 and was told that I would receive it via email in 3-6 weeks. Given that I am on this threat on Nov. 9th, clearly it shows I have received nothing at all. I've been consistently checking my spam folders as well, and there is nothing there either!

PhaTCounT

After googling why my Amazon gift card from Fido hasn't arrived, I came across this thread and forum, great... 

I signed up for the internet service on September 15th. It's now October 8th, and haven't received any email (yes, checked junk), regarding the gift card. 
When I spoke to a rep on the phone two or three weeks ago, they said the email should arrive in 6 weeks with the gift card. Reading here, after 6 weeks, we're suppose to get an email to register to receive the gift card, and then again wait God knows how long to actually recieve it, cmon, really guys? 

Can one of the mods or support people from this forum message me so we can get this going and resolved. My patience is wearing thin dealing with stuff like this considering what's going on in the world. Costumers should not have to waste time trying to get what was promised to them. 
Thanks.

I will also call in tomorrow to further investigate and escalate the issue

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey everyone! We understand a lot of you are experiencing some delays with your gift cards and we want to provide some clarifications as well as an update as we know you're all excited to get your gift cards!

Our home internet promos with the gift cards have proven to be quite popular and we'd like to thank you all for joining! That said, the reality is that we are experiencing some delays and we know it's been frustrating for a lot of you. We're working hard on this together with our vendor to get all gift cards and registrations e-mails to all of you asap! Smiley

Right now, there are 2 possible scenarios so please check out the below to see where you fall in order to take the appropriate steps.

Scenario 1: Did not receive registration e-mail

The registration e-mail for the gift card takes about 6 weeks from the activation date to be received. If it's been 6 weeks and you haven't received it please don't worry as we're going to look into it with you! Please contact us if this is the case and we'll check it out. 

Scenario 2: Registered via registration e-mail and didn't receive the card yet

For this scenario, if you received the registration e-mail and not the actual card there are some things to keep in mind, such as :

- If a physical card was selected, delays can be longer than a digital one (within 4 weeks)

- If you chose a digital card, please check your junk mail to make sure it's not there (within 2 weeks)

If you still did not receive the card then please reach out to our vendor, Merkle, directly for an update. The e-mail address is : customercare@helloworldfulfillment.com and in your e-mail be sure to include: 

•       In the subject line: GWP + the gift with purchase offered/selected
•       Name:
•       Email:
•       Account Number:
•       Purchase and activation dates:
•       A brief summary of the issue:

Merkle should get back to you within 3 business days.

Important: It's important to note that if you were eligible for one of the below offers:

- $150 Amazon or Walmart gift cards

- $100 Amazon or Walmart gift cards with the $65 package

and you did register that there are additional delays with those specific offers. We expect to get all gift cards out in the next 2 weeks; there is no need to e-mail Merkle.

Please make sure to always check your Spam and Junk email folders as the emails would be sent from fido@prepaiddigitalsolutions.com, fido@e.helloworldmail.com OR Fido@e.helloworldemail.com.

I do hope that helps everyone out. If you haven't received the registration email and have reviewed all the points above, you can send us a PM by following the steps found here . 

DRG413
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

At least you got one. I have been waiting for no less than 4 months for mine. They keep saying another 3 weeks, another 3 weeks. I think they hope I will forget, but I wont. In

fact, Im's so conviced this is a scam that Im buying out my contract, cancelling all accounts and going to another company.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DRG413

I've moved your post to this thread as it already contains the relevant information.

If you're previously received the registration and filled it out, can you confirm if your inbox includes an update from  fido@e.helloworldmail.com ?

LAMM
I'm a contributor level 1

So you're going to completely ignore my post where I clearly explained ALL of these steps were taken and your provider responded with an unhelpful generic email?  Then when I emailed again for specific dates they have started ignoring my emails?  

Mika5

Same situation as Lamm.

I got approved for the gift card on Oct 19th. And three weeks passed, I got nothing... I checked my junk mailbox and I got nothing Smiley

Sent email to their customer service and what I got is just 'please wait for a few more weeks'... wow how helpful is this...

By the way is this vendor valid??? Why the hell their email will automatically go to junk mail???

Renasu

Just want to pop in here and also state that I'm in the same situation as Damian and others.

Have not seen hide nor hair of any mention of the giftcard since I've registered on the 6th of September.

JG2020

Same thing for me! I've been told the issue has been "escalated" but I have yet to get anything in my inbox or my junk mail. If you promise someone a gift card ~6 weeks after registration, you should give it to them. I was also told upon registering for Fido that there would be a "clear process" if the gift card didn't arrive by then, and it is obvious that there is NO PROCESS. 

I have since been told to wait another 4 weeks which is ridiculous. Waiting 10 weeks for an Amazon gift card while paying full price for their services... I should've gone to someone else where I could be saving money vs being screwed over. FIDO PLEASE HELP! 

LAMM

BTW why is this thread marked as "solved" ... can Fido workers not see this is CLEARLY not a solved issue?

I'm going to start a new one if I can, so it is not showing a solved. Maybe then people can get proper assistance. 

Hi everyone!

We understand this is not an ideal experience for you and we want nothing more than get this resolved for you ASAP as well. This is why we are looking into this with you in private and we will continue with you there going forward.

LAMM

Hello,

Activation Date: 29-Aug-2020

Registered for ELECTRONIC gift card via email on 05-Oct-2020 

Multiple communications with Fido employees who have done absolutely nothing to help get my gift card. They keep directing me to the gift card provider who will not provide any information other than a generic response "we are working on issuing gift cards".  I have emailed them several times now (8 to be exact since October 5th) asking for a date when I will receive my gift card. Each time I explain in my request I require a DATE or I will be contacting Fido and Amazon directly. They don't care, still reply with the same generic response or they ignore my email all together. 

Fido replies to these posts asking to PM but when you do they just have you repeat everything you have explained in your post over a multiple message chat. After the wait they inform you to basically deal with it yourself. No help, just wasted time and making it seem in the thread to other users like they're actually going to try to help you. 

I have done the following in my emails to the provider.

Subject Line: 

* URGENT * < GWP DETAILS >

Sent to: 

customercare email address for Hello World Fulfillment (can't include actual email address in post)

Included in email:

FULL NAME ACCOUNT NUMBER DATE OF ACTIVATION DATE OF GIFT CARD REGISTRATION TYPE OF GIFT CARD: AMAZON ELECTRONIC  CONFIRMED I CHECK SPAM DAILY - NOTHING RECEIVED CLEARLY EXPLAINED I WANT DATE OF WHEN I WILL RECEIVE GIFT CARD CLEARLY EXPLAINED THE MULTIPLE TIMES I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM

No help whatsoever! 

As I have said before, we as customers should not be doing this work for Fido. I did not agree to anything with the provider. Fido used this promotion to bring in customers, so it is Fido's responsibility to be contacting YOUR provider to ensure YOUR customers are receiving the promotional item YOU promoted and offered. Get your act together Fido and fix this! I am done waiting now - this is insane. This work is what your employees are being paid for!

And before any of you FidoMod people reply asking me to PM you BETTER read this full post and make sure you do NOT ask me to reiterate ANY of the information I have already outlined in this post. 

STOP WASTING MY TIME! 

LAMM

Good Luck!

Ar this point I am completely fed up with Fido. I've contacted them at least five times and no solution at all. 

Internet installed on 29-Aug-2020. Never received the gift card REGISTRATION email until 5-Oct-2020 and up to now NO gift card email. This is ridiculous! I've paid them more than the value of the gift card for my services so far and still nothing. 

Their customer service is useless and long wait times. Giving them until end of next week before I cancel my service.

LAMM

ALSO, has anyone thought..  through all these posts with irritated customers. 

Why are WE following up with the gift card provider??? This is a FIDO OFFER used to drag in customers. Why in the world are WE chasing up with the gift card provider??? What are your employees paid for? This is not the client's job! YOU provided the offer so YOU ensure your clients are getting what YOU promised!!!

Hello @Shoeman75,

We replied to your PM.

-FidoAnthonyZ

Mika5

This gift card thing is the worst experience I've ever had! Fido really dissapointed me after being with you for 5 years.... 

Hey Mika5, 

We are sorry to read that. It's certainly not how we want your experience to be with us. We do want you to know that if you are eligible for the offer, there's no reason for you to not receive the gift card. 

Can you reach out to us through these channels so we can look into it with you. 

Mika5

Exactly!!! 

I followed up with the gift card provider and what they only say is 'waiting for a few weeks you should receive your gift card'.. I've already waiting for 3 weeks and got nothing! wtf

balakrishnann04

This 150$ Gist Card offer seems like a Scam. There is no proper response from the customer support team on it. It's already 6 weeks and they keep asking to wait for another 4 weeks.

Nearandfar

Signed up for home internet and wa supposed to receive $100 Visa card but didn't, also internet connects but  the connection is horrible