cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an app for the fido hitron modem?

Davedobson
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, I downloaded the hitron app but it would never connect. Is there a setting I'm missing or a different app I can use?

14 REPLIES 14

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Davedobson!

Welcome to the community. Smiley

Good question. Let me ask you a few questions to see if we can help:

1. What are you trying to do with the app?

2. Have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it?

Let us know.

Davedobson

yes I have uninstalled/reinstalled. it just says the app is not connected to your modem. how do I know what modem was supplied by fido - it asks if I have one of these modems (CODA, CGNM, CGNVM)

I would like to use if for pausing internet connection to my kids devices and monitoring speeds etc

mrraffu
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

yes there is an app - which fido may not be aware of.  Whatever is the reason, we could use the app to manage the modem.  It probably may have locked by service provider in our case.

Davedobson

I have given up - the app just doesn't connect to my wifi.

Hey @Davedobson,

Could you give us more info on the exact issue you're experiencing when you try to connect it to your WiFi? What happens exactly, is there an error message? Are you experiencing the issue when you try to log in on the app?

Keep us in the loop.

Davedobson

Yes the first screen it just says the app is not connected to your modem. I am tech savvy so I've tried all the usual things, just not connecting.

Thanks for confirming @Davedobson

May I ask if you have updated your firmware to the latest version for your modem?

Davedobson

I haven't touched anything with the modem - how do I update the firmware?

The path differs a bit depending of the model you have, still you should be able to find easily the option to see the firmware version on your modem.

You would need to connect your device to your Wi-Fi modem with an Ethernet cable or wirelessly if you are already connected on the Wi-Fi.

Then open a web browser and key in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press ENTER.

Enter the following default settings to access the modem settings and select LOGIN:

• Username: cusadmin

• Password: password (or your current Wi-Fi password)

Select Status from the menu and you should find the firmware version installed on your modem Smiley

Also, have you tried to reach out to the developers of the application? You can find their contact info on Google Play!

We currently have two models, the Hitron CGN3AMF and the Hitron CODA-4582U.

The easiest way to differentiate one from the other is the shape, the CGN3AMF is a square and the CODA-4582U is oval Smiley

You should also be able to find the model on the back of the modem. 

Hope that helps!

Oscarin

Is there any solution for this???,  I would like to have an app for the phone that can set and manage parental controls from anywhere.

Thanks

Hi there @Oscarin,

Which modem do you have and have you tried to look up in the apps store see if there's an app from the maker of the modem you have?

If yes, what are you experiencing exactly?

Oscarin

It is a CODA-4582  (Hitron)  "app says that my ISP has not decided to activate it"

Hello @Oscarin,

That is odd. Do you have confirmation that your account is currently active? I recommend that you reach out to us using the following methods and we'll be happy to help.