Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting lower speed than advertised

jbeginsamuel
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Team,

I contacted Fido customer care and raised complaint so many times since 21st May 2022. According to my home internet plan, speed is 50mbps. but i am getting 18.5 mbps.  living this problem more than 7 days. no one is FIDO contacting or resolving this issue. whenever i am contacting getting that it will be resolved in 2 days.  But nothing happened. 

Thanks,

Begin S

3 REPLIES 3

jbeginsamuel

Hi I have contacted the Technical support team. They send one person and he brought another modem and he also confirmed the internet speed is 18mbps only. But my plan is 50mbps. this is again horrible. I thought the person suppose to come and find out the issue either resolve or diganoize the network. but he simply went without resolving it. already i am living with network issue 7 days and do not know how long going to be ... So upset.

Hello @jbeginsamuel,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with your internet. I recommend you reach to our internet tech support team to keep looking into this. You can reach them at  1-888-236-FIDO (3436).

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jbeginsamuel,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your internet speeds. However, to clarify, are you performing your speed tests using an ethernet connection or via Wifi? A truer representation of your home speeds would need be performed using an ethernet connection. Wifi internet speeds are generally slower.

If you are using Wifi, to which frequency is your device connected? Generally, 2.4GHz would be slower than 5GHz, but its range would be better (see here). You should also note that Wifi speeds would also be affected by local signal interference.

If you are still having issues, you might need to contact the technical support. They would be better able to help sort any issues you are having.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers