cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Internet // charged me for unreturned modem

radeonheart
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Fido, you just charged me for unreturned equipment for a total of $262.76.

The thing is when I cancelled the internet, you told me I could return the modem to any Fido kiosks.
I was moving from near Toronto to Alberta, so I had to leave really early in the morning.
I arrived in Soult St. Marie in the afternoon. I went into their largest mall trying to return the modem. Your agent told me that I could not return the modem at that kiosk, because that kiosk doesn't offer internet service.
The agent then called around and found out that Fido internet is not available in Soult Ste Marie, and only available in GTA and the surrounding areas.

So I called the agent on the phone, you said you would email me the return shipping label. I never received it.

I made a call once I arrived in Alberta a few days later saying I never receive the return shipping label, you said you'd send the return shipping address to my Alberta address. Again, I never received it. Now you're charging me $262.76 without my consent?

I made multiple efforts trying to return the equipment costing me time and money. You didn't do your job properly and now I'm held responsible? Seriously? Is this how you make money? I feel like a poor has been robbed by the rich once again.

I'm filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. What you are doing in unacceptable. I actually asked that the service be terminated on December 29, but you charged me until December 31 anyway, and only credited me for the Jan 1-Jan 9 portion. I am very disappointed by your action.

Update: unlike you, I want to be upfront. I have contacted BBB, Competition Bureau Canada, and my credit card. The credit card said they will talk to you on my behalf once the transaction is actually posted. (the transaction is pending at this point)

3 REPLIES 3

Benny59
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I just received the non return equipment charge but I had returned month ago and called the Fido to confirm my package number. They said fixed. Today I received email to debit my credit card next week. Do know what they are doing?. Should I contact BBB and card center?  Benny 

Hey @Benny59 !  That doesn't sound right at all. Please feel free to contact us so we can take a closer look at the situation. 

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @radeonheart

Welcome to the community Smiley 

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. 

From what you mentioned, you have tried multiple times to have the modem returned without succeeding. 

The process for the return should be an easy one and I can see how surprising it must have been to received that fee on your invoice. 

I'll be sending you a PM shortly so we can check that out together. 

Talk to you soon!