Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding another person to the Internet billing

daria_k
I'm a participant level 2

Hey there!

I have an internet account with Fido which is under my name. However, I would like to add my husband as another person who is documented there, a.k.a. we want to have a shared bill. Please let me know if it is possible and how could we do that. 

Thank you, 

Daria K.

8 REPLIES 8

mare_ang
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

I have the same question,  i would like to add my fiance to the account as an authorized contact. Is it possible to put his name on the billing account as well, and have two names, mine and his? 

thank you, 

Hey @mare_ang

You can't have two names as the account holder, However, you can add your fiancé as an authorized contact and he'll be able to make the same changes on the account as you can, except for cancelling the account.

To add an authorized contact on your account, you simply need to contact us using any of the options here!

Hope it helps Smiley

FidoSaira

Hey @daria_k,

Congrats on your first post!

We can add your husband as an authorized contact on the account giving him access to account informations as well as allowing him to make changes, all depending on his authorization level. Having said that, there can only be one account holder who is financially responsible for it though.

To clarify, your husband can still make payments on the account. He doesn't need to be an authorized contact for that either.

If you wish to add him on the account, you can contact us or we can send you pm here. Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Elymental

Hi @FidoSaira

! I have a similar question. I'm part of another person's group of lines, but I need a phone bill with my name and address on it in order to apply for a Simplii bank account. They have no alternative forms of documentation. How can this be done?

Hey @Elymental Smiley

As mentioned by @NaliniR, you can indeed proceed with a transfer of responsibility in order to have your own account and an invoice under your name and address.

The current account holder will need to contact us to authorize the transfer, and you'll then need to reach out yourself within the next 30 days to complete the process.

Let us know if you have any questions! 

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Elymental,

Welcome to the Fido community!

If you want an invoice in your name then you will have to do what is called a transfer of responsibility and take over the line in your name and you will have your own account.

daria_k

Hi! Thank you for your reply and yes, I would like you to pm me because I have one more question and I would like to receive help with that too.

Hi @daria_k

PM coming your way!