Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

Hey fpeyvandi!

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject.:)

Hello Fpeyvandi,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, that does indeed sound like SPAM! Thanks for flagging it!

You can copy the message and forward it to 7726 (SPAM) for evaluation (see here).

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Vidupe
I'm a participant level 1

Fido Canada:
Your account is suspended due to security reasons.
Reactivate here:
http://bit.do/Fido-verifyaccount

Received this from a +1-(819) number...seems like a scam... Can you confirm?

Hey @Vidupe!

I moved your post to this thread since we had one going on about the same topic Smiley Looks like that's a SPAM SMS. I invite you to report it by forwarding it to 7726 and please don't provide your personal information!

Thanks for checking in Smiley

Heejoo

I've got a message from Fido solution(6132529937)
This is the message

Fido solution has sent you an interac e-Transfer refund due to a billing error. You can access your funds with the transfer below:

I just wonder whether this is a scam or not. If it isn't, can i fill in my bank information in that page?

Hey Heejoo!

I've moved your post to this thread since we already have a thread for reporting these kind of messages. 

You can find all the answers you are looking for right here! Wink

ariatta6

Just received a phishing text claiming to be Fido about refunding an overage on my last bill. Obviously didn't click included link. Just thought someone should know.

Hello Ariatta6,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for passing along the information! If you still have the text, you can copy it and forward it to 7726 (SPAM) (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

TherinkratA1

Received text from Fido saying that my account is suspended due to security reasons. It quotes a number of 7789198765 which is not my number. Called it, mailbox full. 

Called Fido but they're closed. 

Anyone else get this?

***Edited title***

Hi @TherinkratA1 & welcome to the Community. Smiley

I moved your post to this thread as you'll find the answer to your question here.

Cheers!

dudufrey

I have received a text message from this number and suggesting me to take a deposit with interact e-Transfer...

Anybody Knows something about this? Is a kind of fraud?

Hey @dudufrey!

Good catch!

We moved your post here as it's the perfect place for reporting these types of Spam messages Smiley

Be sure to forward the text to the number 7726 (SPAM) so it can be audited by our team!

Hello @Branimir45 Welcome to the community!

That is no doubt a spam text you can forward it to Fido by sending it to  7726 (SPAM). There is no charge for that and it will help Fido preventing these kinds of spam.

callisto_15
I received what looks like SMS spam. I cannot post the screenshot since the SMS includes my phone number. But here is the copied text below. I did not click the link since I was not sure where it could lead to instead.

Message: Hi, it's Rogers: Thanks for being with us! Here's an extra 1GB of data per month at no extra cost for <Phone No>. Enjoy this offer at http://rogerswireless.net

Hey @callisto_15!

Thanks a lot for flagging this!

marct65
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Source twl # is (613) 319-5307

Message in French requesting you visit a web site to correct the problem.  The url appears to be Fido but it isn't, it does not begin with "https".

Thanks for the information @marct65!

triscuit
I'm a participant level 3

image1.PNGimage2.PNGimage3.PNG

Today I previously posted about these flash messages that I have been getting serveral times a day for a week. Not just annoying, but disruptive, to have to deal with this. Please let me know what I can do besides not anwer them,

Hello Triscuit,

The messages you describe (and screen captures provided) are not SMS spam. They're pop-up advertisments. That's why they do not show in your messages. Here are a couple of websites (here, here, and here) offering suggestions how to block those types of pop-up ads.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

triscuit

Thanks for the links. Popups were already blocked, so will take the advice to upgrade operating system.  Only happending on 1 out of 3 my Apple computers so hoping for the best.

triscuit
I am getting these many times a day for a week. They are not in my messages, but pop up on screen when I am anywhere- Pinterest, Twitter, etc. I know rnough to delete, not ckick but they are very disruptive. Screenshot examples but no paste or photo option here. So called website is banachpuritanamount.col