Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

Welcome to the community @mxmbulat

Thanks for sharing and don't forget to forward it to 7726. Smiley

Pirata
I'm a participant level 2
+1 587-334-0289
Place our AD on your Vehicle and Earn $340 wkly for more details
email us at ad@deerparkspringswater.com

Hello Pirata,

Thanks for the information!

Were you able to forward the message to 7726 (SPAM)?

Cheers

gjkgh

A few minutes ago
Screenshot_20170327-174402.png

Hello Gjkgh,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! Did you get a chance to forward it to 7726 (SPAM) as well?

Cheers

gjkgh

Did you get a chance to forward it to 7726 (SPAM) as well?

Just did.

redbulldz
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I just got a text message from the number +17092970485 saying : "FIDO Communications Partneship hassent you Interac E-transfer Refund Rewards, Please Accept or Decline the transfer below : http://fidomobility-rewards.com"

It looks very suspicious as Fido would inject any discount on my balance and not asking me to connect with my bank credentials.

I assume this is a scam but i just wanted to confirm and flag this trap.

Thanks

Hey @redbulldz,

Welcome to the Community! Smiley

I went ahead and moved your post in this thread here as it seems to fit well. You are correct in your assumptions and this message is not from us. If you can forward us this spam SMS to 7726, we'll make sure it gets to the right people to look into this.

You can also read more about these kinds of messages right here.

danitouffaha

I received a txt msg that my online account was deactivated and that I have to go to http://www.validation-comptes.com/ to unlock it.

Please be aware of this, the site is not an official Fido website and it is most likely to be a phising scam.

thanks

Thanks for sharing everyone Smiley

@danitouffaha Welcome to the community Smiley I moved your post here since we already had an ongooing tread about this.

Cheers!

Sanjeevsht

I got this message today. Fido Solutions Refund! Deposit your money at: http://etr-interac.com from +1-647-229-6856. 

Hi @Sanjeevsht & welcome to the Community. Smiley

I moved your post to this thread since it's about a similar topic. You can check the solution above.

Cheers!

GameOfData
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Despite being very careful with not distributing my number to any Tom, **bleep** and Hary marketer -- I was surprised to see this text on my android device today.

Is it me or Android really has this darker side? Confused

I had an iPhone for five years and never ever received such weird/phishing text. Speechless

Screenshot_20170430-201311.png

Hey @GameOfData 

I moved your post here as it seemed to be a good fit. We’re constantly working to stop these kinds of messages; it would be a great help to us if you could transfer this text message to (7726).

Branimir45

Just recive a messages from +1 819 421 5037 saying Hi its Fido: we will refund the monthly payment because we detected a overpayments. Collect your money at www.Interac-mobile.fr no doubt its a scam

Hey Branimir45!

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for the heads up about the message you received. 

I moved your post to this thread about SMS spam. You can find more info about these type of messages here. Smiley

notl2017

I received this text last night. I assume it's fraud, as I don't see anything about Fido Rewards on the site.

"Fido Rewards: Fido Solutions has sent you an e-Transfer. Click here to deposit funds: bit.do/fidoemtfunds"

I assume I can just ignore and delete?

Hi @notl2017!  

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here as it seemed to be a good fit. Can you forward us the message?

notl2017

Screen shot attached. Let me know if you'd like anything else.

IMG_4391.PNG

That's perfect Smiley Thanks a lot @notl2017!

fpeyvandi

I have recieved a text message from 1-403-462-9061, letting me know that fido has an Entract e-Transfer of $40 for me. and gave me a link of bit.do/interacCAhKV2.

I am sure this is a spam.