Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

martios1821
I'm a participant level 2

Heads up, I just got a Tex telling me that I got Fido dollars it looks suspicious.didnot open the call back # is 1 403 497 6928 (1)

Stavros.k.

Hey @martios1821 and @memberk!

I've moved your posts here as this thread deals with all SPAM messages Smiley

Good catch guys!

jj36

I just received a text from 778-836-7274. They claimed to be Fido and asked me to click on a web link in order to collect Fido dollars. I have searched Google to see what is pamfolish.com but could not find anything. I suspect this is phishing/scam. 

jj36

It seems quite a few peoplein this community have received similar text before. Definitely a scam.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @jj36,

Welcome to the community Smiley

This is indeed a scam. Be sure to forward the message to 7726 (SPAM), and avoid clicking on the link. You can then safely delete the message. 

Keep in mind that all transactions (charges and credits) or billing information will be on your invoices and can be accessed on Fido.ca at all times. We will never send you a suspicious link to clink on!

Hope this clarifies, and let us know if you have any questions.

Reser3001
I'm a participant level 1

Idk, if this is real! Or just a scam?Idk, if this is real! Or just a scam?

Hello Reser3001,

Welcome to the community!

As @Joseph_R (Welcome to the community as well) noted, that is most definitely SPAM. The providers are doing all that they can to prevent SPAM SMS. You can help by forwarding these messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter. Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Joseph_R

This is a scam. Going to the website it appears to be a fake Interac e-transfer form that captures your banking username and password.

If you use google chrome you will get a red error that states "Deceptive Site Ahead"

Running a WhoIs on their domain, it appears that it is hosted at https://www.siteground.com

I have contacted SiteGround and notified them of this fraud website

-Joseph

memberk

Received this this morning, almost got me in the pre-coffee stupor. Have forwarded it to 7726 as advised.

3FDAB6F7-1F9C-427C-A233-FD8F7A777CBA.png

dallin

This one was interesting, as it seems a lot closer to Fido's text message nomenclature.

First I've recieved; forwarded on to 7726 for now.

Screenshot_20181215-200320_Textra.jpg

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing @dallin

Keep in mind that all your charges and credits will be available on your Fido invoice. This can be accessed on Fido.ca at all times, and we will never send you a suspicious link to click on Smiley

okan

Hello, 

I received a text message from +1 855 668 28, saying that I would receive a refund due to some overcharge in my account last February. The message has a link that opens the following website: http://178.62.52.112/ It asks about bank account information to receive the deposit. The website looks like an original Fido page but some typos prove that it is actually a scam. I wanted to warn Fido about this issue as the same message might have been sent to other customers as well. 

Thanks,

Okan

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @okan

I have moved your post here as it's in regards to the same subject. 

The message you received is indeed fraudulent, you can flag it by forwarding it to the number 7726. 

Hope that helps! 

jwochan

Screenshot_20181202-155326_Messages.jpg

FYI Received this spam just now.

Hello Jwochan,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! The providers are doing all that they can to prevent SPAM SMS. You can help by forwarding these messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here). Did you get a chance to forward the message? Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter. Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Ramo3633

Got a text saying 

Fido: Our system overcharged you on your last payments due to an error with your plan. A refund has been sent to you.

Deposit:
http://fido.ca.xxxxxxxxz 

scam or no? I’m scared to click the link.

Hey @Ramo3633

Welcome to the Community!

That's not from us. I moved your post here so you can refer to the answer for this Smiley

Thanks for the info and don't hesitate if anything

IIN_TAN1

I have a text message from this no : +1 778 239 5102, like this :

145.98$ CAD was refunded [REF#0945].

click bellow: to.ly/1wOu0 to claim your money.

Fido Solution Inc.

I dont think this is from Fido 

is this fraud or scam ?

Hey @IIN_TAN1,

Welcome on the Community!

Thanks for flagging this to us. You're absolutely right, this message wasn't sent by us.

I have moved your post in this thread as it deals with the same topic. You'll find your answer right here Smiley

Justinhaled

I got a fake sms yesterday saying this:

Fido Mobile has sent you a Mobile Transfer
http://fidoaapl.com/
Fido Mobile has sent you the FIDO Dollars
you have accumulated in your Account.

I called fido today to see if this was fake and it is! 

Don’t transfer the money into your bank account! 

Hey @Justinhaled!

Just a heads up that I moved your post here as it is regarding the same topic. 

Hope @Cawtau's answer helped Smiley 

Cheers!