cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in using finger ID on iPad or Face ID on iphone

regjac
I'm a participant level 2

I have no use either ID in setting. It just says login and logout.

I reinstalled the app.

I did everything a prior topic suggested. 
My husband does not have this problem on his iPad and iphone.

I have the problem on all my Apple devices I have and IPhone 11 Pro and he has an iPhone 8 Plus.

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @regjac,

Welcome to the community!

You can try this suggestion here for the facial ID.

regjac

Only says login and logout no other instruction. I tried everything.

Hey @regjac

To better help here we may need to ask you a few more questions. Can you specify the steps you've already tried? 

Are you currently using the most recent updated iOS version for your phone? Have you double-checked your Face ID setting in the phone itself? 

Do these features work with any of your other Apps that are compatible with Touch ID and Face ID? 

regjac

I have the latest ISO. It started with this update. It is also on my iPad too but my husband does not. 
I can do it now in 3 steps. I start typing in my email. It now pops up at the top of my keyboard. I press it and it goes into the login. I press login and it then it takes my face or finger. It use to read my face when I opened the app.

I reloaded the app and I reloaded my face. I have an iphone 11pro and series 6 iPad. My husband has iPhone 8x and iPad Air 2. He has no trouble. 
I also restarted my phone a few times.

Does this answer your question? 

Hey @regjac! Philippe here. Thanks for all that information. Smiley

Just to confirm, did you toggle the face ID on for both the device and the app? Example below:

"In the Fido app: More - Your Profile and Settings - Settings header - Toggle Enable Face ID to on.

Now, in order to be able to Toggle it on, you must allow this in your iPhone settings. This is in the iPhone settings under:  Settings - Face ID & Passcode (enter passcode when prompted) - Other Apps - Turn on My Account (this section basically has all the apps where Face ID can be activated)"

If yes, I suggest you contact us so we can escalate this for you. You can do that here or we can send you a PM from the community.