cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido App stop working

Kikyo
I'm a contributor level 1

I have been using the Fido App for a very long time to check my data usage. It has been very reliable for me and I really like the app. However recently the app stopped and wants me to reenter my number but I can not proceed past this error:

"Account Info Not Available; we can't retrieve your account info here. Please visit Fido.ca to log in".

22 REPLIES 22

Crdillon
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I'm currently experiencing this 

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Smiley

First step is to clear the cache and uninstall the App.

If not working u can try with another ip-address.

have a nice day Smiley

Hi @Crdillon

Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it?

FidoDivine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @Kikyo

Our app should allow you access to your information. Could you please delete and re-install the app ? 

This should help you access your account. 

Keep the community posted! 

Kikyo

Screenshot_2020-02-06-17-43-23.png

I  always use Wifi to connect to the Internet on my phone and I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app many times but I still get the same message. The fido app has disappeared completely for me from the GooglePlay store because of my lower os. I think it has to have something to do with the os because the app was working really good for me for around 2 years. Thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

POSTAL1
I'm a participant level 1

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A BRAND NEW S10  EVEN AFTER I EXCHANGED THE FIRST ONE

USING THE APP AS IT COMES SAY IT CABN SEND ME A TEXT TO CONFIM MY PHONE NUMBER

ONE I UPGRADE THE  APP I NO LONGER CAN LOGIN VIA PHONE   NUMBER AND IT DOES NOT REMEMBER MY EMAIL ADDRESS SO I HAVETO MANUALLY ENTER IT EVERY TIME I WANT TO LOGIN

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @POSTAL1!

This is something we're aware of and our teams are looking into it. For now, you do have to log in each time.

I hope that info helps Smiley 

Rileydet

The app is not working for me. My phone is updated,  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have tried with my fido number  and with my email. It says they've hit a snag. 

I can log online no problem. I need to use the app for my 5 hours of free data. I have no access to them currently

@FidoNick 

Ty

53an

I have the same exact problem. The app keep saying "Something went wrong - Sorry, we've hit a snag. Please check back later" I have been trying for the past two weeks and this is starting to get frustrating. I can access my account online too, but just can't on my app. 

Hey @53an Smiley

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. We'll need to ask you a few questions to better assist you :

1. Are you using the most recent version of the Fido app?

2. Have you tried to log in using your email address instead of your phone number? 

3. Could you please also attempt to uninstall and reinstall the app on your device? 

Keep us posted! 

Hey @Rileydet Smiley

Thanks so much for letting us know this is happening, we'll do our best to resolve it.

In order to do so we'll have to access your account. I'm sending you a PM. See you there!

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Kikyo,

Can you clear the app cache and let us know if that changed anything?

Kikyo

Yes I've tried that too and it still doesn't work. I'm just about ready to give up but thank you anyway to everyone for all your help

Kikyo

Update status: I just found out that there is nothing wrong with the app. It is just that it doesn't recognize my fido number anymore because I tried with another non-fido phone number and it gave the exact same message. Is there somewhere that I can contact tech support so that Fido can recognize and allow me access to this app again? Thanks 

Hey @Kikyo! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

In that case, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM via the community.

Let us know!

Kikyo

Thank you very much for the quick response. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app today and many other times before but it still doesn't work. I can't get past the part where they ask for my phone number as they said that the data could not be assessed. I remember that a long time ago they would text to my account and then the app would be instantly able for me to use. The only problem I can think of is that I have a very old phone with an old os. I am unable to update my os as it won't go any higher. My old phone is still working very good so I don't want to waste the money to buy a new phone. What I don't understand is why has the fido app been working fine for me for all these years but suddenly stopped a couple of weeks ago. I really want to continue working the app if possible instead of just checking my account usage on the website because it is more convenient to use the app.

Thank you for all the details @Kikyo!

There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to continue checking your usage on the app though. 

Can you please confirm if you have tried logging in via your email address instead?

If not, can you try to register with an email?

Kikyo

Hello again,

The app version that I have asks me to login by my fido phone number and not my email address. I have no problems logging in to the fido website here because this is where I pay my bills. I am just not sure if this is a server problem or they are blocking everyone with lower os? Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update @Kikyo,

The credentials used to log in directly on our website are the same as when you log in to the Fido mobile app, meaning that your username on Fido.ca (your email) is the username you should use on the Fido mobile app as well.

Currently though, it seems like you're trying to link your Fido number to the app instead. Have you had the chance to log in on Fido.ca after receiving the following message?

• "Account Info Not Available; we can't retrieve your account info here. Please visit Fido.ca to log in"

If yes, then can you please confirm the following:

1. Was the login successful or did you get an error message?
  2. What is your device's brand and model?
  3. What is the Fido mobile app version you're currently running?

Let us know so we can better assist you Smiley

Kikyo

Yes, I have no problems logging in to Fido.ca successfully with no error messages. However the only way I can login is from a web browser if that makes a difference. The app version that I have will only allow me to enter digits so hence I can only use my fido phone number.

My phone is very old but it still works very well and good enough for me to not want to buy a new phone. I have a Sony Xperia C running on an Android OS platform of 4.2. My OS can't upgrade any more. I can no longer receive updates on Google Play because they require a minimum OS of 5.0 however the old app version that I've been using have been working really well for a long time until last month.

The Fido app version that I am using is 3.5. I know it is a very old version but it was the only version that worked really well on my phone that I was happy with. Newer versions crashed on my phone when I tried to enter my number on the login screen in order to get a text to link/activate the app.

I really wish that the app can work again but if not then I want to thank everyone for their time and help.