cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful Tip about 3rd Party APPS - EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS

BMRBMR
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Yesterday I clicked on the Ask Jack app in the support area and asked the agent to BLOCK - ALL THIRD PARTY APPS on all of my phone lines.

It took about 5 minutes to get this done, and now I will not get any surpise charges like BANGO on my bill.

Hopefully this will help those of you who have not been hit by this scam yet.

NOTE:  Keep in mind that if you do this, you will not be able to make purchases that use your phone's Fido account to make the payment. ( I think things like in-game purchases are what would not work ).

Hope this helps many of you.

4 REPLIES 4

Rule62
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

While this can be used to block an actual number, it is not a feasible solution for anyone providing a phone to another individual (their own child, for example), as it can be as easily undone as done. It does not block all 3rd party billing to the phone number.

In my situation I provide a phone to a young adult individual with mental health disorders. After her recent boyfriend charged $850 in 3rd party bills to her phone, I am scrambling to find a way to prevent this from ever happening again. Seems I have 2 choices 1) remove her access to a phone, which raises very serious safety issues for her, or 2) leave myself exposed to what could be even worse surprises in the future. The first option speaks for itself. The second option is not feasible as I am a senior on a low fixed income.

Beware people, phones are now the equivalent of a no-limit credit card only worse. If you actually question the charges, it's nearly impossible to even dig up any detailed information on exactly what you're being charged for. 

Hey @Rule62!

If you need help with blocking Third-Party Content Billing, please don't hesitate to contact us.

I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

how can i get subscriotions cancelled fom my fido account

Hello 19502,

Welcome to the community!

If you would like to cancel your services, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers