Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air 4th - Order was cancelled no notification

alita
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

On Dec 26, 2020 I ordered Ipad air 4 online. In the website it shows that there is 1-2 weeks delay.

On Jan 1, 2021, I got an email with order number saying it's going to be back ordered.

On Jan 6, 2021, there is another email from Fido saying that it's going to be delayed for 3-4 weeks.

Today, Feb 19, 2021. I chatted online again with one of the agents, saying that my order never went through because it's not something that can be fullfiled online. The system automatically canceled it as it has to be done online with an agent or in store.

I am very dissapointed that all this time I have been hoping an Ipad to arrive, and almost 8 weeks later just to find out that my order has never gone through. There is no notification or anything that tells me the order is cancelled.

I have now decided to buy Ipad Air from Apple store.

Fido, I really hope that you could be more transparant and more communicative.

5 REPLIES 5

ShawnG
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Hello were you charged the 40 dollar to hold your place?? I ordered it online aswell and I'm told I'm still going to receive it because I was charged for the place in line. I'm not sure if this is true or not. I have been waiting since Nov 3 2020. Started at 38 in line down to 20 now and have been their for about a month now.

Ahor
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi! How did you know that you were on the 20th line of people waiting? How can I know? Please let me know. Thanks

Hey @Ahor!

You should be able to see the status of your order with the Fido Reservation system: 

1. Go to fido.ca.
  2. Log in to My Account, select Phone Reservation.
  3. Go to My Device at the bottom of the page.
  4. Click Device Reservation.
  5. View status.

Let us know if it helped. Smiley

Hey @ShawnG

If your reservation still shows up on your online account with your place in line, it means that your reservation is still ongoing.

To hold your place in line, we do charge a refundable $40 fee until you get the device. As soon as you pick up the device, the fee is refunded on your invoice.

Hope this helps clarify! 

FidoPhilippe

Hey @alita! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm sad to read about your experience though and do sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience.

I hope we can do better and get this right for you in future!