Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air 4 (2020) delivery delay

Shray
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I ordered Apple iPad Air 4 on 30th November 2020 by calling in Fido support and the Fido representative confirmed that this product is NOT back-ordered and will be delivered within 2 to 5 business days but till date I am yet to receive the said product. Below is the timeline:

30.11.2020-Product Ordered

07.12.2020-Received an email saying the order is still being processed and a tracking number will be shared whenever the device leaves the warehouse.

08.12.2020-Another email which says the device will be shipped with the next 2+ weeks.

09.12.2020-New email says the product will ship within the next 3-4 weeks.

05.01.2021-Called Fido Support and did not get any answer as to when will the product get delivered Sad 

Not sure what is happening with my order at this point, do not understand why could they not mention the correct timelines while I was placing the order with Fido!

Thanks, 

Shray

11 REPLIES 11

nahdis

I placed an order for Ipad Air 4 on April 18th and did not receive an email confirmation. Think, maybe I did something wrong so I placed a second order. During the outage, I managed to reach an agent and was told I had placed 4 orders by mistake. Yet, I had not received any email confirmation. I had called again on April 22nd to verify if my order is in place, when will it ship and an email confirmation. I was informed it will be 4 weeks because of the delay... I was jjust checking to see if I missed something and lo and behold the delay is way longer than your website insist (1-2 weeks for Space Gray and 2-3 weeks for Blue) and some people have been waiting months! I move in 5 weeks and was expecting it will be here before the move. Can I get an accurate date please? I don't need sorry, I need answers. That will give me an idea whether I should purchase someplace else. Please and thanks!

ShawnG
I'm a contributor level 2

Hello you probably won't get an real answer. Someone will just repeat what the website says. I personally have been waiting since Nov 3 2020 for the blue and still haven't received it. The only answer I have gotten was they don't have any in stock right now and they don't know when they will have more in. It's probably best to purchase elsewhere if you can afford it.

nahdis

I called today and was informed I should receive shipping confirmation within 1 To 2 days as they have stock. Don't know how true that is.

There is a global chip shortage that is affect Apple's Macs and IPads. I've already looked at alternative in case Fido doesn't pan out. 

Since November?! That's ridiculous, i'd honestlly just cancelled if I ever waited that long. The new IPad Pro pre-ordering is tomorrow is much rather get that if Fido isn't reliable. Clearly dlthryre not at this time with the misinformation. 

ShawnG

Just spoke with a representative for 2 hours and was told non were in stock again. She even made calls to figure out what was going on but couldn't figure it out. I spoke to someone on another post and apparently he got his in 2 months so not totally sure what fidos doing but at this point I'm done. I'm moving to another company when lock down ends.

Hey ShawnG, 

We're sad to learn that you are thinking about leaving us. We definitely do not want that to be your experience with us. 

Due to the popularity and the high demand of the iPad, it is currently backordered for up to 3-4 weeks. We do believe in being 100% transparent with our customers as we know how important and exciting it is for our customers to receive their new device as soon as possible. We are working on it it!

As soon as we have it in stock, we'll ship your order with its tracking number. We truly appreciate your patience.

ShawnG

They really said they have some in stock?? Honestly I'm just fed up at this point. I'll probably just get an iPad pro then if I can snag one before they sell out and switch to a company that doesn't straight up lie to their customers. I would understand if they are short because of the shortage but to lie and try to skate around the truth is completely unacceptable. It dose seem weird to me though that every single place has them in stock except fido.

Amy8485
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there, I placed my order for the iPad Air (2020) on January 5, 2020, it is now March 20 and the back order answer has been 3-4 weeks each of the three times I've called to get an update. Your retail locations do not sell this particular iPad, they all believe this is a fido.ca option only. It would be great if you could tell your reps at Fido HQ to stop telling people to check retail stores as this is just a waste of time for everyone. It wasn't until I read these posts that I realized people saw what number they are in line. This information was not given to me on any of my phone inquiries, if someone could let me know what number I am, and let me know if anyone who ordered in Nov. or Dec. have received their order yet. At least this will give me some idea of where I stand. It's a little irritating that Fido would keep a promotion going through to January 2020 if people who ordered this device back in November were on B/A. I had no idea this was the case. Thanks

Hey Amy8485! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Thank you very much for your feedback and all your patience! I'm sad to read that you're still waiting for your order, but we'll get it to you as soon as we get more from the manufacturer.

Thanks again for your patience!

Shray

Hi @FidoJulien, thank you for your revert. I am sure I will get the product since I booked it. The bigger question is WHEN will I get it since I have no clue neither does FIDO!

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Shray   The iPad 4 is quite in demand so there are longer delays to get it. If you placed your order already, you don't have to worry, you'll be sure to get it!

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Shray

The iPad 4 is quite in demand so there are longer delays to get it. If you placed your order already, you don't have to worry, you'll be sure to get it!