Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

Resolved! Nokia - HMD Global

Hey guys, new to the forum but not new to phones nor Fido. Happy to be here.   recently purchased an Amazon Nokia 6 (2017) and was excited. I have always been interested in their phones (and Blackberrys), so to see them coming back is definitely good...

Metriadi by I'm a contributor level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Oreo now available on S8/S8+

Hey everyone,   Good news - you'll be able to upgrade your Galaxy S8 or S8+ to Android Oreo starting today!    Friendly reminder - the updates are pushed out in batches, so if you don't see it right away, be patient and check back often.   Curious h...

FidoStephen by Community Manager (Retired)
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Samsung S9 pricing

Hello, I was looking to purchase an S9, why is the outright price of an S9 $1019 on no term but through samsung directly its $959, best buy is also $959. Why the $60 diference?

catchuk by I'm a contributor level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! IPv6 LTE ?

While the american carriers are slowly introducing IPv6 dual-stack to their LTE networks, I want to know when should we expect this roll-out for Fido/Rogers customers in canada?   At the current time & date, IPv6 on mobile devices (in this case, iPho...

kris2k by I'm a contributor level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes