apple watch series 4

I'm a Participant Level 1 chrisliu0424
I'm a Participant Level 1

apple watch series 4

Apple just announced Apple watch series 4 yesterday!

For the GPS+Cellular, they support Rogers in this generation, since Rogers and Fido are the same company, does Fido support series 4 too?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 4

Hey @chrisliu0424

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 57

Hey @Tookie3k! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Nothing has changed since our first reply on this thread. We do not support the Apple watch at this time.

Let us know if you have any further questions on this matter and we'll happily send you a PM. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 57
I'm a Participant Level 1 Bloodstriker

Ridiculous. I’ve been with Fido for close to 20 years. This lack of support of new devices has prompted me to start to look elsewhere. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 57

We’d really hate to see you go @Bloodstriker and we always want to offer the latest devices to our customers!

As @FidoSaira mentioned, with Apple’s newest releases we’ve focused our efforts on providing our customers with all the new iPhones as they have proven to be quite popular. At this time we do not support the Apple watch but customers can definitely pair it with an iPhone via Bluetooth in order to use it’s most popular features. 

If ever you’d like to go over your options for a device, don’t hesitate to reach out and if anything changes regarding support of the cellular version of the Apple Watch we’ll be updating Fido.ca Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 57
I'm a Participant Level 1 MorriC

This recent announcement should mean a change in this.  

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/05/iphone-esim-support-rogers-fido-in-canada/

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 57

Hey @MorriC!

We have no news on E-SIM right now. At this time, you can only use a physical SIM card for our services. We'll be sure to update everyone as soon as there are more details to share Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 57
I'm a Participant Level 1 Giuseppe_Vacca

Why doesn’t Fido support Apple Watch? It’s annoying considering that other major networks offer that, including Rogers. It is a good enough reason for people to switch to the competition!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 57

Hey @Giuseppe_Vacca! Thank you for participating in the community. Smiley

I've moved your post to this thread for you. It will have the answers and any updates regarding your topic.

I can certainly understand your irritation with that and I'll make sure to forward your viewpoint on this matter.

Thank you!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 57
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

Will Fido be offering the Apple Watch at somepoint?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 57

Hey @jlits

I moved your post to this thead as you'll find your answer here.  Also, this is the thread that we'll update if something changes! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 57
I'm a Participant Level 3 fischersd
I'm a Participant Level 3

So, now that Fido is supporting eSIM provisioning, can we finally see some movement on Apple Watch support?

...or will be waiting for a few more revisions of Apple Watch with cellular support to pass before the policy makers pull their heads out of their .....  (and, yes, we've seen the "big three" restrict AW support to only their flagship brands...if the CRTC ever needed evidence of collusion....I guess they also have the 10GB/$60 price hikes that are being done in unison...not that they'll ever do anything).

Per:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/05/iphone-esim-support-rogers-fido-in-canada/

and

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204039#usa

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 57
Discussion stats