apple watch series 4

I'm a Participant Level 1 chrisliu0424
I'm a Participant Level 1

apple watch series 4

Apple just announced Apple watch series 4 yesterday!

For the GPS+Cellular, they support Rogers in this generation, since Rogers and Fido are the same company, does Fido support series 4 too?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 4

Hey @chrisliu0424

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 NN5

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any updates on the possibility of using the Apple Watch or the Samsung Galaxy Watch in stand alone modes (as Bell has been doing for a while – and Rogers now does with the Apple Watch, both companies offering a 10 dollar smartwatch plan). Yes, I know you can connect the watch via Blue Tooth or WiFi, but I'm interested in having the watch in LTE mode to not have to carry the phone with me. I've talked with customer service a couple of times and there's never a clear answer.

Maybe we can get a better idea from someone here regarding this topic?

Thank you,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 61 of 72

Hey @NN5

I've moved your post to this thread as it includes the solution to your request. Any updates regarding this topic will also be posted here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 62 of 72
I'm a Contributor Level 1 fischersd
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Ok, now that Fido finally has the capability to do eSIM provisioning (ala:  https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/fido-esim-iphone-xr-iphone-xs-iphone-xs-max/ )

...is there any chance whatsoever that Roger will finally allow Fido to light up Apple Watch plans????

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 63 of 72

We have no news regarding that @fischersd. I'd suggest keeping an eye on our website for updates.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 64 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 2 Jhansen153
I'm a Participant Level 2

I would suggest that Fido is inept at keeping up with the times and satisfying their customers. And such, will lose them. 

So so sad for Fido. 

Bye bye

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 65 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 tlgirond

I have looked through the boards discussing Fido supporting iWatch series 4 and the cellular surface. I have noticed your reasoning as waiting for the new phones to come out, well they are here and I’ve been told you have the software. Now what? Your customers are telling you that we want access to the cellular option, is there a reason you can not provide it to us?

Terri-Lynn

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 66 of 72

Hey @tlgirond!

Welcome to the Community!

I've moved your post to this thread as it's related to the same subject an you will be able to find all the info you are looking for here. 

As mentionned above, we do not currently support the Apple Watch on our network. If something changes, we'll post an updatein this thread.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 67 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 Michael_S

This is very disappointing. I've been with Fido for 15 years. My current iPhone contract expires in November. If Fido does not offer Apple Watch support by November, I will sadly have to leave Fido and find another option.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 68 of 72

Hey @Michael_S

We are really happy to learn that you have been with us for so long. It would be really sad to see you go.

We do hope that you decide to keep your services with us.

I do invite you to keep an eye on our upcoming promotions here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 69 of 72
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

I would hate to be a Fido CSR and be forced to keep doling out the canned responses. Rogers is keeping Fido from providing the service to keep Rogers customers from moving to a cheaper alternative like Fido. I'm curious if Koodo or Virgin offer the esim support for the Apple watch? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 70 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 2 logicallayer
I'm a Participant Level 2

I must say as I have been with Fido for awhile that my disappointment for not supporting apple watch is above and beyond.

It feels Fido fails to treat their customers with the respect they deserve. We know that Fido is built on Rogers' network and while Rogers has rolled out support for eSim back in Dec 2018 Fido continues to falling behind.

It is low to say the least that the company play such games at the expense of such a large customer base of Fido just to do brand Rogers separately.

If you are unable to identify a Rogers as a brand through bringing a true unique value then don't play games by holding value back from Fido's customer that you can probably enable by a click of a button.

This low unfair competition is why us Canadians are going to support American companies to come in and bring true competition to this market.

It is only matter of time while the big 3 continue to play low through manipulating the market unfairly.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 71 of 72

Hey @logicallayer!

I've moved your post here as it deals with a similar topic. 

Although we don't support Apple watch at this time, we're always looking to offer the most to our customers and we do appreciate the feedback. 

In terms of eSIM, it is supported on newer iPhone models, check out the solution on this thread for more information.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 72 of 72