Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service

rohitjaswal422
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I have been using Fido service for approx 1 year. I have an add-on pack for 1000 international minutes, which I never avail entirely every month. 

I was really shocked to see yesterday when they added long distance overcharges of $ 766 cad last month. Usually, warning messages are sent whenever we cross the data limit. So, I was under the impression that I would be notified if I cross international calling limit. I did not receive single warning message. Finally, I received a bill through a link stating 'overcharged payment' once after the billing cycle is completed. The link could not be opened as well!

I reached the customer care many times, but they keep telling that they cannot do away with the charges and the supervisor is so rude and feeling my like insulted the customer. 

I hope whoever reading this can understand my situation. Nobody would like to pay 766 long distance overcharges in a monthly phone bill. As I was not assisted with the overcharge issue through customer care, I am posting my concern in the forum and hoping some one could help me out of this. 

In the end, if still i have to pay that,I will definitely move to another service provider with the very bad customer service experience. I will strongly urge to my family and friends to careful about them and will never recommend to anyone and will share my experience. 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @rohitjaswal422

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. We're here to help after all and that is definitely not the kind of service we'd want to offer.

That being said, we do bill you for usage not included in your plan. In this case, when you exceed the 1000 minutes available for long distance calls. Is there perhaps any billing error on your invoice?

To clarify, mobile data usage will provide you with a notification before using all your data. Though, this feature is not offered for the 1000 long distance minutes. You can however track your airtime balance using the self-serve tools.

You can reach out to us at these channels to review the situation once more. Alternatively, if the total amount billed accurately reflects your usage, you can reach our credit operations team to discuss payment arrangements by dialing *732 directly from your mobile or 1-888-288-2106 from any phone. You can also reach them through live chat.

rohitjaswal422

I regret from move from virgin to fido. Nobody helps me, I called 100 times but fido never express any interest to resolve the issue. Very much dissatisfied sir. I have to pay tommorrow as I have last day to pay the amount but as a student who earns nothing during covid and he is paying regular bill very hardly and fido puts me the charges without sending any text message for exceeding the 1000 international minute limit and fido thinks monitor website and for data, you like to sent the message. Not at all fair for such big company. Still hope for customer service team as a loyal customer. 

Hey @rohitjaswal422 !

I'm sorry you feel this way. Sad

If you need any help with your account, you'll need to contact us here so we can take a closer look.

Once we access your account, we can also provide you with some options for more flexible payments, if you're having trouble keeping up during these difficult times!

Alternatively, we can send you a PM through the Community, if that works best for you. Smiley

rohitjaswal422

I ended up by paying the bill by sellling myself respect to my friend to ask about credit which i never did it before in my life. Thats the worst time in pandemic where I am struggling for food, for rent and very depressed and tensed about life and the fido makes it worse than ever. As a loyal one, I always referred a lot of my friends to this network just because of the less costly services but I never know that, i will get the no customer service experience. Even if it is said by representatives of fido that I will get the notification for exceeding minutes, nobody believes me and gives so much stress during the worst time. I have a lot of future plans with fido about getting a new phone with them once i will get a job. But now you will going to loose your one loyal customer for sure. Tommorrow, I am going to port this simcard again to virgin. Thank you very much for your very that customer services which makes someone life harder to take his life by getting into stress and depression. So sorry for being so rude but i am very upset and stressed and its genuine feelings.