Samsung a70

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Samsung a70

Why has the A70 not been updated to android 10 yet and why have we not had a security update since December? The lower end a50 has gotten the update already, so I find it hard to believe that the more expensive a70 hasn't.

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung a70

Hello Mike8606,

Welcome to the community!

According the OS Upgrade Schedule, the Android 10 update for that device is on hold. It could be due to the discovery of a serious issue that bricks the device and doesn’t allow it to reboot (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 23
Highlighted

Was referring to the post that showed how to get the update not from fido, who cant seem to get their act together and release it.

A poster had listed where I could download the Canadian update, was just asking which one to download and if there was a how to to install it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 23
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi @Mike8606,

We use the XAC firmware on our Samsung phones that is the firmware that comes with the phones if you buy directly from Samsung. The same site tells you how to flash it but if you have no idea about this I would not recommend you do it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 23
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Any idea if this issue is going to be resolved by July 15? I am using my A70 for work and my company will cut off my access if I don't have at least the January security patch by then. Then I would be completely cut off as I have a security token needed for laptop remote access on my phone as well. I bought this phone to get at least quarterly security updates.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 23