S7 Nougat update - mobile hotspot toggle gone?

I'm a Participant Level 2 heytommy
I'm a Participant Level 2

S7 Nougat update - mobile hotspot toggle gone?

Hey,

Just wondering, is anyone else missing the Mobile Hotspot quick toggle after updating their phones to Nougat? Mine is gone - it doesn't show on either of the two toggle pages, and when I go "Edit" to see the full list of toggles available, including those that are hidden, it doesn't show up there either.

This quick toggle was definitely there in Marshmallow - I used it daily. It also definitely exists in other cariers' Galaxy S7 Nougat - just google "galaxy s7 nougat toggle" and you will see numerous articles with screenshots showing that the toggle does exist.

I would like confirmation whether others on Fido are also missing it, or whether it's merely an issue with my specific phone.

PS. The mobile hotspot functionality is still there - I can get to it by digging into several layers of the "Settings" menus - it's the quick toggle for turning mobile hotspot on and off that's missing from the toggle screen (which is quite annoying when you're used to using it on the daily.)

Cheers,

Tom

Accepted Solution

Re: S7 Nougat update - mobile hotspot toggle gone?

Have the same problem. Instructions on this website helped bring it back along with mobile data quick tile

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-restore-mobile-data-quick-settings-tile-toggle-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/

Hope this helps
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 jc1504
I'm a Participant Level 1
Solution

Have the same problem. Instructions on this website helped bring it back along with mobile data quick tile

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-restore-mobile-data-quick-settings-tile-toggle-on-samsung-gala...

Hope this helps
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 1 wryly
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have just followed the steps listed in the article that jc1504 posted above, and it worked perfectly for me. You can't get more elegant than this for a solution (no root access or dodgy apps needed) . It may not be simple for some, but I didn't find it too bad, and I'm no programmer. A huge thanks to jc1504 for a solution... This was seriously killing my Nougat enthusiasm
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 14
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @wryly & welcome to the Community!

I'm glad that you were able to find a solution that works for you. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 14
I'm a Contributor Level 1 CherrySoul
I'm a Contributor Level 1

yes that and the data toggle are gone my last phone a S5 had these and I'm trying to get answers. 

Each carrier has a CSC - Consumer Software Customization file (CSC), and Fido, Bell, etc get the software and do make their own changes. 

I'm going through the same thing here:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/message-id/38120/highlight/false...

I unintentionally pressed update, vs not now and cant' get out of my phone asking me every time I turn on data or wifi if i want to continue the update.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 14