RCS

I'm a Contributor Level 1 uneeb97
I'm a Contributor Level 1

RCS

I have a non-Fido phone and I have not received RCS on my phone yet. Is anyone else having this problem? My family members with Fido phones have it already. Is it just that non-Fido phones are excluded from having it? I have a OnePlus 3T for reference.

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: RCS

Hello Uneeb97,

Welcome to the community!

Any updates would have to be provided by the phone manufacturer first, before getting fowarded to mobile providers. However, since Fido does not sell any of the OnePlus devices, it's unlikely that the phone manufacturers would forward any updates to them. In addition, OnePlus devices use their own proprietary version of android, Oxygen OS. You would have to get any updates directly from them. Which OS version do you have? As far as I can tell, the current version for that device is 4.5.1 (see here). If that version does not have RCS support, you will have to contact OnePlus directly.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 18
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Uneeb97,

Welcome to the community!

Any updates would have to be provided by the phone manufacturer first, before getting fowarded to mobile providers. However, since Fido does not sell any of the OnePlus devices, it's unlikely that the phone manufacturers would forward any updates to them. In addition, OnePlus devices use their own proprietary version of android, Oxygen OS. You would have to get any updates directly from them. Which OS version do you have? As far as I can tell, the current version for that device is 4.5.1 (see here). If that version does not have RCS support, you will have to contact OnePlus directly.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 18
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

it also only works on Android Messages app I believe so make sure you're using that

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 18

Yep. I'm using the Android Messages app but I haven't gotten the "Enable Enhanced Messages" prompt yet. I know OnePlus supports RCS (latest version is OxygenOS 5.0 on Android Oreo) since I checked the forums over there and people have it with other carriers. It's the Rogers/Fido customers that don't have it available. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 18

Hey uneeb97!

Do you know if your device is running the latest versio of the app?

What tests have you tried so far? Have you tried clearing the app cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or even performing a factory reset of your device?

Let us know! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 18

It's running the latest version. And I have tried all that.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 18
Highlighted

I think the problem is just that, like WiFi Calling and VoLTE, Fido doesn't support RCS for unlocked devices.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 18

@uneedb97

If you take off the LTE, do you get a different result?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 18

nope

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 18

Thanks @uneeb97

How long have you had the App? And how long have you been waiting for the update? Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 18