I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.
Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 188.8.131.52?
Welcome to the Community @creoledude!
Can you answer the following questions:
-What phone are you using?
-Is it a Fido phone?
-What is the OS running on it?
-Do you use a third party text message application or the one built in the phone?
-Can you check out the storage space you have left?
Hey @Chris2105 and welcome to our Community
I've moved your post here, along with the existing thread.
You should be able to get the update for the default messaging app by following these steps:
1. Open Settings
2. Select “General” tab on the settings screen.
3. Scroll down and select “About Phone”.
4. Select “Update center”. (Update Center shows the number of available software and App updates)
5. Select “App Updates”. (App Updates shows the number of available App updates)
6. Messaging update should show up under “APPS TO UPDATE.”
Tell us how it goes!