Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Welcome to the community @BBear123!

I totally get the importance of having reliable text messaging services, and this isn't something we want for any of our customers.

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 BBear123
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Nick,

I am doubtful that you will be helpful here but I am grateful for your effort. I have been in contact with many representatives and every single one of them have basically told me to wait the issue out. The LGG5 phone was sold to me even though Fido was aware of the software issue, this information was not passed on to me. Is this legal? I am so frustrated because I am paying for this problem. I have been taken advantage of, the entire situation is so unethical. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 229

We're going to check this out together to see what's going on, rest assured you're in good hands! Smiley

I've replied to your PM. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 Slegg
I'm a Participant Level 1

Same thing here - LG G5, not receiving all text messages for several months now.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 DCan
I'm a Participant Level 1

Joining the ranks of fellow Fido LG G5ers with incoming text message issues.

Network reset and phone reset have proved unsuccessful.
What do I do now?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Same problem here too!! Already did a phone, network and APN reset. Works for a few texts and the stops receiving. Totally random. Phone is < 6mths old. Considering 99% of the time we use texts instead of voice, kind sucks phone won't receive. Not vet reliable. 

Any solutions?? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 Fido_99_
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm also having the same issue. LG G5 not receiving all texts. Some come through and some don't. Incredibly frustrating, especially when it's impossible to know when someone has sent me a text that I haven't received.

Can someone from Fido please help?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 229
Former Moderator FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hi @JohnF1444 and @Fido_99_

Have these text issues only been happening today or have then been ongoing for a while? 

Some customers weren't able to send text messages today but that's been fixed. I just want to make sure this isn't related.

Have you tried rebooting the phone and running a few tests?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 Fido_99_
I'm a Participant Level 3

This has been happening for months. After thinking about it, it happened with my Samsung Galaxy S4 before too.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 229
Former Moderator FidoChristina
Former Moderator

That's strange!

I'm sending you a PM Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Going on for a while. Hard to tell since 'when'. I mean, how do u know if you don't get a text unless the texter actually calls to complain! In this case I realised my wife's phone was not receiving her texts - from ME. She has the LG G5. I have an iPhone 6. 

She is not receiving texts from others using all kinds of devices. 

I rebooted, reset the network and APN settings.  Lasts for a couple of texts. Then goes screwy. 

If phone is IN stock messaging app, she gets them. If app is closed or phone is in 'sleep' mode, messages don't come in. Totally random. 

Next step would be to reset phone to default factory settings and then send it for repairs. 

Considering the number of complaints here as well as the hundred others a simple Google search returns, this is a common, wide-spread problem with this phone. Not sure what you or Fido can do to help. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 229
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @JohnF1444!

We can definitely look into it. Have you already done the factory reset?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hello Maria

No I haven't. It is a royal PITA to do a reset and have to restore every app, setting, contact etc.

Based on what I've read on this board and from what I've been able to find on the Web, doing a reset does not help at all - not for this issue.

Can you provide some reassurance and proof that the 'reset' fixes this problem?? Is it a known issue and the reset fixes it??

Once it resets, the phone simple downloads the same OS version already installed, si IMO were back at square one. From what I can gather it has yet to help anyone.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 229

Hey @JohnF1444

Thanks for the reply Smiley

We can't confirm on our end that the factory reset will fix the issue. But this normally fixes this type of problem.

And it's definitely a step to do before sending it to repair.

Simply to have more info about your issue, are you able to send a text message to yourself?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Yes, I am able to send a text to myself...tested and works fine.

Of course you can't confirm it! If reseting it actually solved this issue you would be able to reassure me. So a reset is hit or miss. Likely a miss.

FYI:...WHILE I am IN the Messaging APP - it is 'open' - I can receive texts just fine. Works all the time.

Once the APP is closed but am elsewhere on the phone - incomming texts seem to work fine too.

When phone is in 'sleep' mode - screen goes black and needs a tap to wake up - that it will not receive the texts. Waking it up, does not alert you that you've gotten a text. IMO, a software issue.

'Repair'?? what can possibly need repairing? As the others on this board have stated, it is basically a waste of time and even replacing this phone with a new one does not fix the problem. And then its a whole lot of frustrastion and endless calls and emails just to get the proverbial run-around. Phone is defective. Give me a new one...

But FIDO won't address it unless I first do a hard reset - your go-to solution. I don't 'do' Android so I'll first figure out how to properly back it up and be in a position to properly restore it without wasting my day on it.

Please stand by...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 229