cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Sim Cards

techwebs101
I'm a contributor level 1

when is Fido going to get nfc enabled SIM cards so that I can use TD mobile payment app

***Edited to add labels***

11 REPLIES 11

ciao_hi

@techwebs101 wrote:

when is Fido going to get nfc enabled SIM cards so that I can use TD mobile payment app

***Edited to add labels***

TD does not use NFC SIMs anymore with the recent update; any NFC-equipped Android phones with 4.4 (Kitkat) and above will work with TD mobile payment.

MMostafa
I'm a participant level 1

Will Rogers NFC SIM work?

Hi MMostafa, a Rogers SIM will not work with Fido, you absolutely need a Fido SIM. 

junaaaas
I'm a participant level 3

we've (3 accounts) been using fido for past 10 years and now i feel like i should change to different provider. Fido has been very slow with catching with the latest trend. What's so hard about adding NFC sim? Especially when Rogers is the mother company and they support NFC.

hey_tommy

That's what makes it even more annoying - there's nothing hard about it at all!

It's a concious decision by RogersCo to intenionally differentiate product offerings between Rogers and Fido, so as to position Fido as a value provider. Rogers views NFC SIM cards as one of those differentiating features, and they choose not to include it in what Fido is currently offering - in the same way that, for example, Fido doesn't offer the Galaxy Note series until the phone is nearly a year old.

I get the business reasons behind the positioning, however, when your competition releases NFC SIMs on their value sub-brands (both Virigin and Koodo offer NFC SIM cards), you need to get with the program.

So Fido (well... RogersCo, really) - please get on top of this pronto, align yourself with the competition, and make right by your customers.

GalaxyNote4User

So 3 month later, when all other cellular have NFC SIM, does FIDO support it ? I hope so, I would rather not be be forced to change cellular supplier...

Hey @GalaxyNote4User!

We wouldn't want to see you leave us! Sad 

At this time we still don't have any updates on the NFC SIM cards. We cannot comment or speculate on new products/services until an official announcement, but we'll make sure to keep everyone in the loop if we start offering this! Smiley

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey techwebs101,

We don't have any information on that.

AdrianE

It''s been another 4 months.  Any progress?

FidoMatt
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Adrian, we still have no information on that. We'll make sure to post it once they are available. 

Cartfan123
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Best thing is to go to other carrier with immediate effect. Don't wait on Fido to have this functionality any time soon.