Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've recently pre-ordered an Iphone 4S. The system was updating my position in line until recently it just says Status: In Progress. What does it supposed to mean? Has my phone been shipped?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Status : In Progress

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Below are the answers to your frequent questions of the status when & after Reserving a phone through Fido Reservation System from your account profile home page.

- If your status is “open”, your reservation has been made and Fido is awaiting for the product from the supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is “in progress”, Fido have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is “shipped”, your phone has left Fido's warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose.

- If your status is “cancelled”, your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited/Refunded back to your account.

Hope this clarifies it all!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 27
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

My Status in line also counted down from high 800's to 0 and went into "In Progress" 4 days ago (Monday). It is now Friday and I've been told this means when the phone is available to Fido it will be shipped to the store location I chose and that store will in turn notify me that it is available to pick up.

Only problem is, friends of mine who have signed up for the Reservation System after me and were 3000 in line have already received notifications that their 4S iPhones were ready to pick up early this week. I'm not in any hurry, but its a real kick in the face.

I am starting to think that employees at retail locations are selling pre-ordered phones to their friends and family. How can it possibly take this long?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 27
Highlighted

say what!!! I really wish it aint true.. and the staff are currently experiencing some technical glitch. heck yea!! A real kick in the face...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 27
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

This can also have a lot to do with the model you ordered.  The easiest iPhones to come by are the 64GB and 32GB.  The ones that are selling the fastest are the 16GB white and black iPhone 4s's (i.e. the hardest to keep in stock).  I have heard that the back-order for the 16GB iPhone is huge!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 27
Highlighted

Mine has been like this for over a week now. I've ordered the phone 17 days ago it's completely unacceptable. I can't even cancel the **bleep** thing anymore. Reserving from the Apple website garuntees you getting the phone the next day, and I can't even do that anymore 'cause of this. What makes it worse is that some people I know who were the 8000th in line or so got theirs already and I, who was 2000 at the time, am still waiting. Everyone from Fido that I've called has something different to say which is confusing me even more.

Just goes to show you how completely useless and deceiving this whole reserving thing that Fido has going on was. They advertised it as a pre-order when it's the complete opposite.

I'm seriously considering switching companies over this. I don't care about the phone anymore.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 27
Highlighted

The pre-order service was nothing more than a way for Fido to gauge demand for the phone (i.e. wait-list). If you really want it, you may have better luck going to a store.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 27
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

We do apologize for the delays in getting you your iPhone's. As with previous iPhone launches, we have come to know that the demands are huge, which is why we introduced the Reservation System.

Now, for those that see "In Progress", it is still possible to cancel the reservation and simply visit a store to pick one up provided there is sufficient stock. You would need to call the store that you selected during the reservation and request to cancel your reservation. The $40 will be refunded to you.

Hope this helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 27
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

If there are phones in stock at the store, why the hell aren't they being given to the people supposedly "in progress"?

I've been with Fido for a decade.... My loyalty is wearing thin....
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 27
Highlighted

this is an excellent point brettomatic

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 27
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

@brettomatic wrote:
If there are phones in stock at the store, why the hell aren't they being given to the people supposedly "in progress"?

I've been with Fido for a decade.... My loyalty is wearing thin....

Technically, you should be able to visit your local kiosk and if the have stock, they should be able to give one to you and then you can cancel the reseravation. Historically, there has been a bit of a problem with this at some stores, where they refuse to sell iPhones to existing customers, preferring instead to hold them for new customers. I've had it explained that this is because their commission rates are higher for new customer or because their stock replenishment is restricted if too many of their sales are to existing customers. In either case, Fido and Rogers have denied this is poilcy, though I have been told by staff at some stores that they received instructions to do just that.

Worth a shot anyway.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 27