cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 TV Offer needs invoice#

PerryAPlatypus
I'm a participant level 2

So I got my LG G7 from the fido store after reserving it, I am just wondering if I have the correct invoice number to redeem the free TV offer. I was only given a reicept for the purchase since I bought the phone with no term so I like to know if I need offical paperwork from fido that I wasn't given to redeem the offer or is the reciept I was given fine?

16 REPLIES 16

nkni
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I have purchased an LG G7 yesterday from a FIDO store and was provided with the invoice, Account Maintenance Agreement and Key Order Information details. 

My problems are as follows:

1. LG requires the purchase date, but does not accept my date of purchase (June 3rd). Should I give the date of preorder instead?

2. There is section on any of the documents titled "invoice number" or "receipt number". All I see are the barcode number, my account number, rep, reg, sales number etc. Which one of these numbers should I submit as the "invoice / receipt number"? 

Any help would be much appreciated

DomeAlessi

Hello,

I have the exact same problem, in the claim page you must specify the date of purchase.

I preordered it the 27th of May and the phone was out the 31st of May so it was available at the store the 1st of June (the day after).

The same day I picked it, switched to Fido from another operator, filled my claim but when the LG site asks for the date of purchase the "1st of June" (the date of the store receipt) it is not a valid date so I put 27th of May.

I called the Fido customer center and they told me to go to the Fido store but they do not have any paper that  states that I preordered the phone.

I can still access the page with the preorder status but there is no code or date in there to proof i preordered it in time.

The only proof that I have is the mail from Fido the 27th of May that says "congrats you reserved a phone" and even there the date is missing (except that the only date is the header of the email that it is not much of a proof) .

It seems that this promotion was not organized well, it ends the day before ppl receives their phones, Fido does not give a preorder documentation that says you preorder the phone so I have nothing to show to LG when they ask about my preorder date (I guess everyone is pretty much stuck with my exact problem).

Any help?

Thank you,

Domenico

This stuff should be very transparent for the user 1) buy the phone with all the needed documents 2) go to the promotino enter your stuff and you are done instead I called the Fido Customer center, went 2 times to the Fido store, sent 3 mails to the LG support that gave me no answer about my question and now I'm writing here, it is not easy at all.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nkni

Welcome to the community Smiley

I moved your post to this conversation since it's on the same topic.  It seems that @PerryAPlatypus was able to go back to the store and get the document he needed for the claim on LG's website.

Let us know if it works for you!

nkni

Hi Julien

I don't know why you moved my post as my question is quite unrelated to the OP's question, since I already have all the invoices & documents. The problem is Fido's invoice does not specify which number is the "invoice number" and causes ambiguity for the customers. I am just trying to figure out which number on Fido's documents is the "invoice number". I don't need to go back to the store since I already have everything with me. I am pretty sure more people are wondering the same thing.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @PerryAPlatypus

Welcome to the Community! I hope you're enjoying your new phone. Smiley 

The store receipt should work as a proof of purchase. However, a separate of proof of purchase would usually also be emailed to you as well, if we have your email on file. 

Did you get a chance to check your email inbox? 

PerryAPlatypus

Yes my email is linked to my account but I did not received any email for my purchase, I was wondering about store recept because the invoice number on it doesn't seem right since it only show how much I paid with my credit card without showing what I purchased. And LG is asking for an digital copy of my purhcase. Is is possible because its the weekends, that the email was delayed? If not could you or someone send me the email as I would like to validate the offer as soon as possible since there is a long wait period. Thanks for the help

Thanks for confirming @PerryAPlatypus!

What you'll need is your service agreement as it provides all the information! (phone model, IMEI, price, etc.)

The agreement is given in store either by paper copy or by PDF sent to your e-mail. If you did not receive it and the phone was purchased in store, then you must go back to the same location and they can provide a new one Smiley

I hope this helps! I suggest heading back to the store asap so they can get you a copy and you can benefit from the TV offer! Very_Happy

PerryAPlatypus

Yeah I went to the store again to get the printed invoice after calling Fido with my phone where they told they weren't able to send me a digital copy of it. I guess the clerk didn't think I would need a invoice for my purhcase for the offer? Either way it should had been given to me when I bought the phone.

Appricate the help you guys gave.

Hey @DomeAlessi

The reservation system is managed by our systems on Fido.ca and we can confirm when it shows as reserved on our end and send out updates by email about the status of the reservation.

All this is taken care of in the backend!

Keep us posted if it all works out properly with LG.

@nkni

Try the number under the barcode as suggested. Let us know if there's any issues.

Hey @DomeAlessi,  

Welcome to the Community!  

I'm really sorry to learn about your experience, this is really not what we want our customers to go through Sad  

Since the device was reserved on May 27, I would definitely enter that date on the claim on the LG website. We have also sent you a proof or purchase by email when the phone was picked up, can you confirm if you received it?   

Also, is there any way to include the reservation email with the date in the claim?  

Finally, have you tried speaking to LG directly by calling them at 1-888-542-2623 to see if the reservation email is an acceptable proof of purchase?  

Keep us posted!

DomeAlessi

Hello Claudia, 

Thank you very much for the support. Unfortunately I did not receive any email from you (checked the mail box registered with this account included the SPAM folder and the mailbox on the Fido app on the phone).

However I called LG and they told me that the reservation email received from Fido (if presented with the complete header with date sender etc.) should be enough but to be sure I need to wait to see when the validation process goes trough.

In the meantime could you please re-send me the proof of purchase? Is it there anything in your possession that indicates my pre-order date?

Thank you, 

Domenico

Hey @nkni

I can find out for you but reaching out to LG might be a better idea as they'll tell you exactly what they need. On my end I'll look into it and get back to you. Unless @DomeAlessi can tell us which number he put as the invoice number? 

@DomeAlessi the email will only be sent if you got your phone through customer service, since you got it in store you receive it in paper. Sorry about that!  On our end we don't have any other paperwork we can provide you to confirm the reservation. 

DomeAlessi

Hello,

Thanks for the support. When I called this morning I only asked about the date;

In the claim page I sent a copy of the receipt from the store and in the invoice number (the number under the barcode in the same receipt).

Regarding my question how is it possible that no one at Fido (online, customer service and store) has any trace of me as person who preordered and received something from the online store?

I mean when I tell "I preordered my phone on your online store" do you believe me on the word or you have a way to verify?

This seems so weird to me, especially when there are these kind of promotions that require proof to a third party company.

In any case the LG representative did not seem too much worried but he told me that his evaluation it is not final so it might be subject to more verification. 

If they require more proofs I have to bring you in contact with LG because me, as customer, provided everything you gave me, if it is not enough you have to talk with them.

Thank you,

Domenico

nkni

Thank you Ranya. I have already contacted LG and I was informed they need the invoice/receipt number. Due to the FIDO's invoice format, it is not clear what constitutes as the invoice number so I would really appreciate if you could get back to me on this.

nkni

Hi Claudia,

LG is asking us to type the invoice number? Would you please tell the customers which number exactly is the invoice number? Is it the 20 digits number under the barcode? Is it the 6 digit numbers next to "Sales"? Or 4 digits number next to "trans."? Is it our account number?

I'm sorry that it wasn't provided to you initially and I'm glad that it was sorted out in the end, @PerryAPlatypus

It was our pleasure to help Smiley